Lead Data Scientist, Integrated Analytics
Job title: Lead Data Scientist, Integrated Analytics
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Team: Integrated Analytics
Reports to role: Two
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength. We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$24 billion (source: COMvergence) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Discrimination, oppression and inequities towards people of different race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, abilities, age or any other differences, are unacceptable and have no place in the world or amongst our Mindshare family. We strive for an environment where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, has equal access to opportunities and resources, whose voice is heard and who can contribute to the organisation’s success.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on data scientist to lead the data science thinking and practice. The role is based in Mindshare’s worldwide team in London, with responsibilities to support other markets.
This role requires a curious and creative mindset to become an engine of change, while also a structured approach to support effectively global and market needs and spread state-of-the-art data science practices. The internal stakeholders are clients, account teams, digital execution teams, analytics practitioners and media analysts. The external stakeholders are Mindshare clients and partners. It is also expected that the candidate can support and contribute to the overall data strategy for Mindshare in collaboration with other stakeholders, which entitles foster partnerships/initiatives with start-ups, universities, open-source groups, etc.
Most projects are global, working with leading global brands and occasional travel might be required.
- Coordinate the cloud-tech offering for data practitioners in collaboration with our data engineer, including driving best practices, standardisation and collaboration across the data scientists in the network
- Scout for state-of-the art technology/data-science practices/models or algorithms, and assess how can they impact the business (e.g. Deep ML and AI)
- Ensure on-schedule development of pre-agreed list of analytics solutions, and provide inputs for development of new solutions based on client and internal teams requirements – from prototypes to fully fletched solutions
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to address their challenges
- Develop analytics tools and solutions and coordinate their maintenance with Tech team
- Work with the wider global business to foster the value of the data science practice. This includes the impact of branding and performance in the digital and offline world
- Assist markets with their data analysis initiatives, either to get control of their data or apply new techniques
- Drive thought leadership for Mindshare’s application of best practice in data science
- Support on scouting opportunities for new-business pitches and proposals
- Support senior leaders to maintain and implement an overall data science strategy
Key Skills and Experience
- Advanced level of Python is a must. Other languages are desired as well but optional (R, Scala, Java script, etc).
- Fast prototyping of products solutions using open source technology for scalable pipelines (Spark, R-shiny, Dash/Flask, Play environment, etc.)
- Managing, accessing, querying structured/unstructured data bases (SQL, Hive, Mongo, etc.)
- Knowledge of modelling solutions (e.g. attribution) and Experimental designs (e.g. A/B and Multi-Variate testing) to support business decisions
A good understanding of ML and Big data analytics
- Commercial awareness, client/stakeholder handling and strong written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Media planning and marketing (including digital media across programmatic, search and paid social)
- Digital media datasets (Ad Servers, DSP, DMP, AdWords, Viewability, Cross Device etc.)
- Building and rolling out large-scale analytics initiatives within a global network
- Managing complex, multiple stakeholder engagements, in a fast-paced organization.