Gencove is taking low-pass sequencing to population-scale and is hiring a Data Engineer to be a key member of this effort.
At Gencove, we develop software and algorithms for processing genomic data at scale. We build using Python/C++ and continuously deploy to the AWS ecosystem with the help of Git, Docker, and Terraform.
The role entails managing and expanding Gencove's:
- Data ingress and egress systems
- Monitoring systems
- Reporting systems for technical teams, company leadership, and customers
Successful candidates must be able to work effectively both in a collaborative setting and independently, and possess outstanding communications skills.
The candidate will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment of an early stage startup company.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, software design, and data analytics platforms.
- Software development experience in Python and SQL.
- Proficiency working in a *nix environment.
- Experience with AWS cloud computing services.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- 2-4 years of experience as part of a production software development team
- Masters degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.