We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms, ground, soldier, and maritime systems in 50+ locations world-wide. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in the fields of sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
QinetiQ US’s dedicated experts in defense, aerospace, security, and related fields all work together to explore new ways of protecting the American Warfighter, Security Forces, and Allies. Being a part of QinetiQ US means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Why Join QinetiQ US?
If you have the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges, then you will experience a unique working environment where innovative teams blend different perspectives, disciplines, and technologies to discover new ways of solving complex problems. In our diverse and inclusive environment, you can be authentic, feel valued, be respected, and realize your full potential. QinetiQ US will support you with workplace flexibility, a commitment to the health and well-being of you and your family and provide opportunities to work with a purpose. We are committed to supporting your success in both your professional and personal lives.Position Overview
QinetiQ,is seeking a creative, hands-on, hardworking Data Analyst to join our Data & Technology Group in support if our DHS CBP client.
Our Data and Technology Group (DTG) is a diverse, project-oriented team delivering technology solutions to our Defense, Homeland, Law Enforcement, and Civilian agency clients. DTG is QinetiQs ' homebase for developers, data scientists, network engineers, system administrators, and other technologists, creating a dynamic, cross-project technical community that prioritizes continual learning, collaboration, and easy opportunities for project variety over time.
DTG also ensures that our focus on delivering for current customers is balanced with initiatives that will help drive future growth - both in terms of new customers and new technologies and solutions. Ambitious technologists will have a wide range of opportunities to stretch their tech skills as we create novel demonstrations and pilot capabilities to help clients as they consider how to modernize and maximize their technology, processes, operations, and mission impact.Responsibilities
- Collect, organize, and analyze large datasets using various tools and techniques, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Manage existing and create new datasets and data pipelines, performing extract, transform and load (ETL) to automate and streamline reporting.
- Develop measures for client performance management and operational efficiency.
- Develop visualizations and reports in MS Power BI and Tableau to inform financial, logistical, and operational decision-making.
- Identify opportunities for modernizing and streamline data collection and reporting.
- Respond to high-priority ad hoc analysis requests involving the use of scenario models and data mining.
- Support other DTG projects and internal initiatives.
- Undergraduate Degree and 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Ability to maintain a security clearance from the U.S. Government.
- Expertise in developing datasets and visualizations utilizing MS Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience with SQL for querying databases and retrieving data, as well as automation and statistical analysis utilizing Visual Basic Application (VBA) and R Studio®.
- Experience analyzing and developing metrics for finance, logistics, and performance management.
Company EEO Statement
- Previous experience supporting CBP.
- Data-related degree(s) such as statistics, data science or analytics.
- Experience in advanced statistical modeling.
If because of a medical condition or disability you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to staffing@us.QinetiQ.com or call (540) 658-2720 Opt. 4 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
QinetiQ US is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All Qualified Applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.