UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, enhance, and integrate data warehouse and analytical data infrastructure solutions
- Gather, analyze, and interpret business requirements
- Design, build and test processes to ensure a high level of data quality and optimal system performance for large volumes of data
- Analyze new data sources for medical claims, member, clinical, call system, and financial data for integration into existing data models
- Lead initiatives to architect and design Data Warehouse infrastructure and ETL/ELT (extract, transform and load) solutions and maintain existing jobs using technologies such as Oracle PL/SQL, Unix, Python, and big data technologies
- Create complex data extracts from the Data Warehouse
- Develop technical specifications and design documents
- Guide, train, instruct and assist team members with technical issues and designs
- Understand the business and how various data elements and subject areas are utilized
- Assist as needed to monitor data warehouse daily or weekly ETL batch processing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Data warehouse development and design
- 3+ years of Oracle PL / SQL experience
- Experience with mid - high volume ETL/ELT
- Experience with formal System Development Lifecycle and Data Quality processes
- Experience with Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Sound Data Analysis skills
- 3+ years with Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Healthcare data experience (experience with claims, clinical or call systems including UHC systems such as Facets, ICUE, Maestro etc.)
- Experience with sqoop, Kafka/data streaming, data science and/or big data tools
- Experience with ETL tools such as DataStage, Talend, or Informatica
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data warehouse technologies
- Agile development methodology
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist 2, UHC Benefit Ops, Data Analytics & Insights, Data Science, Data Warehouse, Oracle PL / SQL, ETL, ELT, System Development Lifecycle and Data Quality processes, Unix, Linux Shell, Data Analysis, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota