Global Transactions Services (GTS) is looking for a Sr. data scientist to join the Data and Insights team. The ideal candidate will be solving complex data problems and delivering the insight that helps to define our understanding of our various products (Liquidity, Payments, FX, cards, etc…). The data scientist will:
- Design solutions by applying tried-and-true techniques or developing custom algorithms as needed by the business problem.
- Collaborate with data engineers and platform architects to implement robust production real-time and batch decisioning solutions
- Ensure operational and business metric health by monitoring production decision points
- Communicate results of analyses to business partners and executives
- Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, product teams and application engineers.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, supervised classification and unsupervised learning)
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics)
- Experience with scalable ML (MapReduce, streaming)
- Working knowledge of relational databases, including SQL, and large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark
- Ability to implement data science pipelines and applications in a general programming language such as Python,R, Scala
- Ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual).
- Must be able to work and translate needs with Engineering, Product teams, and Senior Leaders.
- Knowledge of Treasury Business and GTS products (deposits and liquidity, payments, receivables, commercial cards and trade).
- Understanding of Model Risk Management process
- Understanding and Mastery of NextGen BI tools such Microstrategy ,Tableau, Qlickview
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: