Posted: Jun 19, 2020
"I believe, if you zoom out into the future, and you look back, and you ask the question, 'What was Apple’s greatest contribution to mankind?' It will be about health.” – Tim Cook, 2019Do your life's best work and come be a part of a hardworking engineering team crafting next-generation health features to improve the lives of millions of people. Apple's Human Interface Devices team is looking for a Data Scientist with extensive knowledge of statistical modeling, pattern recognition, and machine learning along with strong programming skills. You will explore and develop new ML mythologies to extract meaningful insights from health data.Key Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in machine learning algorithm development on real-world problems
- Strong fundamentals in statistical problem solving, algorithm design, and model development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to distill complex analysis and concepts into concise takeaways
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Experience with one or more machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Hands-on experience with data engineering tools (e.g. MapReduce, Spark) is a plus
DescriptionYou will be responsible for implementing ground breaking statistical and machine learning methodologies to extract meaningful health insights from portable and wearable sensors. This is a key position that is a focal point supporting next generation health features for millions of Apple customers. You will be responsible for developing and tuning ML algorithms utilizing extensive real-world data sets, as well as failure analysis and performance optimization. End-to-end project ownership is encouraged, from initial problem formulation through data pipeline development, algorithm architecture design, and end-user performance modeling.Education & ExperiencePhD in BME/CS/CE/EECS/Math/Physics or equivalent experience
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.