Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100+ cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now! We’re now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to continue our journey in building great, scalable and high performing products and also doing it for a good environmental cause.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are responsible for the setup, deployment and productionizing of data-intensive environments. You develop infrastructure as code that will support the setup of the self-service data platform. At Voi, we host our data in GCP. Within your work, automating everything is written in your DNA.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
- Design and build a self-serve data platform to enable other squads to develop, operate and manage their own data products
- Be a leader for data quality, data governance and data product thinking towards the rest of the company
- Participate in designing Voi’s common data architecture
- You will work closely with backend, infrastructure, machine learning, data analyst and other stakeholders.
We’re looking for a social Senior Data Engineer with experience from multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. This might be you if you strive for engineering excellence in everything you do and if you are not afraid of new ideas and technology. You are experienced in architecting “simple” solutions and have a background in software engineering. In addition to having a strong backend culture and communication skills, we believe the right person has:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a data warehousing, data engineering, or data architect role
- You are experienced with developing on public cloud, e.g. GCP
- You are familiar with infrastructure as code, monitoring and alerting infrastructure (Terraform, Grafana, Prometheus)
- You are experienced in modern data tools such as Snowflake, Airflow and dbt
- You have worked with Python, Scala or Java
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
Founded in 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company offering e-scooter and e-bike sharing in partnership with towns, cities and local communities. We believe e-scooters can play a central role in changing how people move in our towns and cities in the future. We want to ensure that the micromobility transformation happens the right way - through real innovative technology, open and transparent dialogue with towns, cities and governments and by adapting our products to local needs. Voi has been a carbon neutral company since January 2020 and has adopted the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guiding framework.
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest growing scale ups
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation and a scalable data platform
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution.
Voi operates in over 100+ towns and cities across 11 countries. It is headquartered in Stockholm and employs 1,000 people. To date, Voi boasts more than six million riders and has served more than 100 million rides.
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are including those actively serving as a Reservist or those who have served in the military and their spouses - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.