Data Scientist – Glasgow
£45,000 – £60,000 + Package
MBN are exclusively partnering with the financial services arm of a globally admired brand to help them appoint a Data Scientist to join their innovation data lab.
The innovation team are responsible for the creation, production and maintenance of machine learning algorithms which produce significant business value. You will play a major role in establishing relationships across multiple business operations, understanding their needs and producing algorithms which positively impact their products and services:
- Responsible for carrying out a diverse portfolio of analytical and machine learning projects, focused on different areas across the business
- You’ll be encouraged to advocate data science & machine learning methods, effectively communicating the results that these models can have to achieve desired outcomes
- Partner with business SME’s to learn about their customers, products and services and look to enhance their offering through advanced analytical solutions
- You’ll take part in design sprints, code reviews and strategy sessions with the full data science team to cultivate a truly collaborative innovation team which puts data and digital first.
- Create robust, well packaged code which you can help containerize or productionise on to a modern cloud infrastructure
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience developing machine learning models ( i.e Regression, Random Forest, Decision Trees, Neural Nets, NLP etc) within a commercial environment which have produced effective results
- Experienced programmer in Python and/or R.
- Knowledge of SAS and/or SQL as well as data visualization tools, highly advantageous
- Knowledge around containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) or cloud deployment (Sagemaker, ML Flow, EMR etc) for the production of models highly desirable
For more information or to apply, please send across your updated CV to Kris@mbnsolutions.com or apply now.