Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data are at the core of our Group’s digital transformation. It will support us improving our product offerings, enhance customer service and underwriting capabilities. We are looking for an innovative, visionary, hands-on professional who possesses the passion and experience to take a key role within Zurich’s Group AI & Data Transformation team. Using and embedding deep learning, large language models (LLM), computer vision, machine learning and next generation agents to unlock the power of Generative AI, you will help to improve key business outcomes, through insights generation and human augmentation. You will join our multidisciplinary team that ideates, develops, implements, and deploys AI at the forefront. This is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of emerging AI trends to a real-world difference.
To do this we are looking for a hands-on, team-oriented personality with a passion for technology- and business-driven innovation and who wants to work with a team of talented AI experts, machine learning engineers, data engineers, backend developers, ML Ops professionals, architects, and AI Governance specialists. Your role
As a ML Engineer / Data Scientist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Design and develop machine learning models to solve specific business problems in insurance
- Collect, preprocess, and explore large datasets to extract meaningful insights
- Train and fine-tune machine learning models to optimize performance
- Develop and implement algorithms to solve complex problems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate machine learning solutions into products and services
- Monitor and maintain machine learning systems to ensure optimal performance and scalability
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and technology advancements in the field of machine learning.
Your Skills And Experience
- Developing and implementing machine learning models and algorithms to address specific business problems in insurance, and integrating these solutions into products and services.
As a ML Engineer / Data Scientist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms, large language models and statistical modeling
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++
- Experience with machine/deep learning and NLP frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Langchain, Pinecone, others
- Willingless to learn and adapt to emerging tools, techniques, and trends in large language models, such as Langchain or Pinecone
- Strong track record with ML engineering techniques in clound environment (Azure, AWS)
- Ability to work with large datasets and distributed computing platforms such as Spark
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
As well as a competitive salary and a yearly bonus we offer benefits package which includes:
- Option to work remotely within Spain even up to 100% - you choose
- Flexible working hours
- Wide range of internal and external trainings
- Free English, German and Spanish classes depending on the needs
- Ticket restaurant
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan - after 1 year in the company
- Referral bonus if you bring other talented people like you
- Special banking and insurance conditions
- Exclusive Employees discounts
Primary work location is Barcelona. Please apply with your CV in English.Who We Are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It’s a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disabilityWhy Zurich
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that’s what makes our team so great!
Join us as we constantly explore new ways to protect our customers and the planet .
- Location(s): ES - Barcelona
- Remote working: Yes
- Schedule: Full Time
- Recruiter name: Laura Santamaría Rodríguez