This position can be based from our West Bend, Wisconsin HQ, our Park City, UT office, or remote for the right candidate.
The Data Engineer - Marketing Operations is responsible for accurately administering the measurement and technical execution to support business intelligence and digital marketing strategies. This person must have a balance of an analytical, technical, and strategic mindset. This individual must be able to demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The Data Engineer - Marketing Operations resides on the digital experience & optimization (DEO) team which provides support to the Digital Sales & Marketing (DSM) Department responsible for lead generation and conversion (turning prospects into USCCA members). This individual works closely with the data strategy, business intelligence (BI), organic search, digital paid media, and email teams to support analytics, measurement, and technical execution of initiatives.
- Execute and implement changes in Google Tag Manager as directed by Data Strategy to assist with Google Analytics measurement
- Program, execute, and facilitate QA of website client side manipulations in Google Optimize 360
- Collaborate with Data Strategy, BI, and marketing channel leaders on data definition, planning KPIs, and/or setting up Google Analytics audiences as needed
- Partner with external agency on custom scripting and validation needs content targeting (personalization) campaigns and A/B split tests
- Partner with data strategy & I.T. product owners to maintain data integrity, tracking accuracy, and validation.
- Assist with site optimization planning to maximize site engagement, lead capture, and conversion
- Assist with mobile application performance monitoring, technical enhancements such as in-app triggers, segmentation queries and analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, statistics, finance, web development, or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development, analytics, digital marketing, or a blend
- Web Analytics, A/B split testing tools, and tag management experience, preferably Google Analytics, DataStudio, regular expressions, Google Optimize, and GTM
- Understanding of digital marketing channels and objectives
- Ability to think creatively, problem-solve, and change direction often
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC
- Experience with mobile applications
- Previous experience in a B2C membership organization
- Experience with data visualization tools and advertising platforms (Domo, Segment, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Ads, Facebook Advertising, Unbounce, etc)
- Understanding of statistical concepts (statistical significance, confidence intervals, etc)