Senior data engineer
This position contributes to Starbucks success by building enterprise data services for analytic solutions. This position is responsible for design, development, testing and support for data pipelines to enable continuous data processing for data exploration, data preparation and real-time business analytics.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate deep knowledge the data engineering domain to build and support non-interactive (batch, distributed) & real-time, highly available data, data pipeline and technology capabilities
- Build fault tolerant, self-healing, adaptive and highly accurate data computational pipelines
- Provide consultation and lead implementation of complex programs
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects
- Tune queries running over billion of rows of data running in a distributed query engine
- Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
MUST HAVE Technology skills (7/10 or higher):
- Strong expertise Spark (PySpark) using Jupyter Notebooks or DataBricks
- Hands on data pipeline development, ingest patterns in Azure
- Orchestration tools , ADF or Airflow
- Denormalized Data modelling for big data systems
MUST HAVE competencies:
- Collaborative, able to work remotely and still be an engaging team member.
- Strong analytical and design skills.
Architect and design large scale high performance distributed systems 7-10
SQL Platform 7-10
No-SQL Platform 3+
Data platform implementation on Azure or AWS 3+
CI/CD experience 2+
Exposure to SOA architecture 2+
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660
or via email at email@example.com