Job Title: SQL/NoSQL Data Engineer
Location: Delray Beach, FL - REMOTE
Duration: Direct Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a SQL/NoSQL Data Engineer in Delray Beach, FL
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience working with massive data sets, with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a highly technical field such as Computer Science.
- 5+ years experience working with distributed technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark
- 5+ years exposure to a variety of SQL and no-SQL databases, with demonstrable advanced querying skills. In other words, you are a database ninja or at least a ninja in training.
- 5+ years experience in multiple programming languages (We routinely use C#, Scala, some Java and Bash)
- 5+ years experience with GIT version control
- Strong algorithm & data structure knowledge
- Comfort in working on an agile, distributed team(s) across multiple locations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and create advancements in the advertising technology industry
- Ability to deliver a convincing story derived from the data sets to both technical and non-technical audiences
- At the most basic level, you have a positive attitude and an extremely strong, demonstrable work ethic. Your coworkers would describe you as both thoughtful and helpful. You are eager to be challenged and further your own professional experience.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- MS/PhD in a highly technical field like Computer Science
- Experience in advertising or publishing-related
- Exposure in control engineering and/or PID controllers
- Experience managing a spark cluster
- DBA experience
- You have some scripting language experience in your back pocket for when the need arises (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Work on pipelines ingesting greater than 500K messages per second
- Design, implement and own software solutions for new products, features, and tools within our content distribution advertisement platform
- Optimize our estimation models in order to improve the performance of our bidding algorithm and maximize performance for our customers
- Build and expand upon our existing data pipeline, everything from raw data collection to ETL processes to algorithmic usage of the data.
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with massive data sets to develop insights that increase client KPI performance
- Design and run regular A/B experiments that affect delivery across our customer base, evaluate the impact of your optimizations, and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments to understand the dynamics of our real-time bidding
- Work with and mentor junior data engineers and help grow the team
- Coordinate with engineering, analytics, and other teams to assess the cost and value of existing and potential projects
- Research and evaluate new technologies in the big data space to guide our continuous improvement
- Collaborate with multifunctional engineers across the company
- Identify key opportunities for refactoring or architectural changes as well as suggesting changes backed by proof of concept work for improvements.
- Participate in the agile development process, attend daily standups and project planning and design sessions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues as necessary.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Provide support to business users.
- Contribute to feature and product development.
- Contribute to technical documentation.
- Support deployment of releases.
- Adhere to good development principles, set standards and quality processes.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Competitive Pay, 401K
- Retirement Plan
- And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.