As Daikin Europe N.V. we offer you the chance to broaden your experience internally or internationally. All our vacancies are open for internal candidates. We believe a job rotation is an excellent way to further develop your skills & knowledge. After applying you will be contacted by the inhouse recruitment team.
DAIKIN is evolving from an air conditioning provider to a true total solution provider in the HVAC world with, in addition to the range of residential and commercial applications, industrial applications, retail and hotel solutions. As a result, the EMEA Electrics and Control department, located in Ghent- Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center of Daikin. This department is responsible for development and improvement of controls (room, unit, app & cloud controls, electronics, software, cloud applications and controls with the subsequent generated data.
When you join Daikin, you are joining a team which is developing a new approach to how business generates value from data. This team will develop new methodologies and tools to enable advanced modelling and statistical analysis against large and complex data sets. You will be closely working with leading academics and industry specialist's (PHD Engineer's)
In this role you -
* Drive innovation using data science techniques.
* You are comfortable working with large-scale and complex data sets.
* Look for order and patterns in data, as well as spot trends that can help a business's bottom line
* You can extract knowledge and insights from structured & unstructured data and apply actionable insights from data across a broad range of application domains.
* You would be at ease performing a wide range of tasks - from data aggregation and summarization to building ML models to developing new techniques and algorithms.
* Staying on top of analytical techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and text analytics.
* With the help of Data Visualization tools, you can identify areas that needs attention or improvement.
* Spot new technical features and business opportunities that can benefit of the data (e.g. Predictive Maintenance, data monetarization, control algorithms, etc.) is a huge plus
* Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and understand the working principles of our devices and derive new services for the end users.
* Data Compliance: You have the experience with regulations and business processes in enterprises. (GDPR etc)
* Master's/PhD degree in computer science with a machine learning focus /post-Graduation in a quantitative field (applied mathematics, statistics, physics, operations research, or similar STEM fields)
* Strong Programming skills: Demonstrated experience using Python, R or other statistical/ML software
* Possess 3-5 years of relevant experience of statistical and machine learning methods, particularly in the areas of modelling and business analytics.
* Experience with statistical languages and packages, such as R, SAS, Mat-Lab, and/or Mahout.
* Experience with additional programming languages, such as Python, Java, and C/C++
* Having a solid grasp of statistics, including statistical tests and distributions.
* Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI a plus
* Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, a healthy scepticism, problem-solving abilities and creativity
* Strong Data intuition: Talent to identify and visualize patterns
* Strong communication skills: Effectively communicate his/her technical work in non-technical terms to management
Daikin Europe is a subsidiary of Daikin Industries Ltd. and the leading provider of heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification, and refrigeration technology. The company designs, manufactures and brings to market a broad portfolio of equipment, as well as tailor-made solutions for residential, commercial, and industrial purposes in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). To date, Daikin EMEA has over 12 000 employees across more than 59 consolidated subsidiaries. It has 12 major manufacturing facilities based in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Austria, and the UK. Our aim is to drive sustainable and effective solutions, sparking a good climate for the generations to come. And all this can only be achieved because of our People.
We believe our employees are the beating heart of our company and that top-quality solutions are delivered by talented individuals in a good working environment. As a result, we live in a unique environment based on our people-centered approach, where we value each person's uniqueness and where we truly believe in people's unlimited potential.
We believe: Good climate starts with people.
Daikin Europe is a leading provider of heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration technology for residential, commercial and industrial purposes. We offer a wide range of products, solutions and services to create indoor environments that are beneficial to people's health and well-being. Our advanced technology enables our customers to reduce their environmental impact and contribute to a more sustainable society.
Equal opportunity for everyone