Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Working with the GHD Digital Team across North America, the Senior Data Scientist is responsible for providing the delivery of expert Data and Analytics solutions and credibility to our clients. The role can be based anywhere near a GHD HUB. Preferred locations the greater Toronto area. This role is open to PR of Canada.
- Develop and create global analytic solutions inclusive but not limited to statistical models based on GHD’s established best practices, methodologies, and tools.
- Keep up with academic literature and staying on top of the industry’s trends. Identify business relevance of new methods and work with cross functional teams to create prototypes, assist in creating business case, and go to market strategy.
- Develop custom or standard solutions from beginning to end: understanding customers’ business needs, problem formulation, acquisition and evaluation of data, selection of appropriate statistical methodologies, model estimation, and documentation.
- Manage complex cross-functional projects - create project plans, track/report the progress, and adjust plans to overcome unexpected challenges.
- Prepares reports and presentations that will give insights and also takes initiative to experiment with various technologies and tools with vision of creating innovative data driven insights for the business at the quickest pace possible.
- Comes up with state of the art illustrations and visualizations of data communicating statistical modeling results as measures of the business’s impact.
- Works closely with others in the data analytics team, in solving complex business issues.
- Team player, cooperating with other staff and sharing information and knowledge
- Seeking advice from others when learning
- Ability to influence with or without formal authority
- Coordinating and monitoring specific team tasks when requested
- Delegating occasional work requirements to technical and support staff, monitoring progress and ensuring desired outcomes are delivered on time
- Pursue professional development opportunities
- In this position, the Data Scientist also takes initiative in evaluating and adapting new and improved data science approaches for the business, which he forwards to senior management of approval.
- Can demonstrate an ability to create and maintain strong, meaningful, and lasting relationships with others.
- Confident but friendly and approachable
- Can inspire confidence and trust in other team members and key stakeholders
- Ph.D. or masters with 5+ years of industry experience in any mathematical sciences (Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Operations Reasearch, Mathematics, Engineering). Good academic credentials.
- Strong programming skills and experience working with tools such as R, Python Programming, Open Source, visualizations, and so forth.
- Experience with ML tools for big data such as Microsoft Azure Automated Machine Learning, Spark and tensor flow.
- Can also demonstrate strong skill in Machine Learning Tools for Model Deployment.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.