The Business / Data Analyst provides business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of global Tax and regulatory business strategy, processes, services, roadmap. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges across all regions for the tax transformation program.
The Business / Data Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Identify common requirements and solution synergies across all regions. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from analyzing data, creating extracts, providing requirements for small to mid-size program / projects, to assist other program / project managers on larger more complex programs / projects related taxes and regulations.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Support and align efforts to meet business needs
- Manage business relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on program / project results
- Stay current with business needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating program / project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, business, technical staff)
- Be a part of the team executing multiple program / project streams across the Tax program globally by completing and updating program / project documentation; managing program / project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of program / project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Articulate ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating program / projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Provide and support the implementation of tax business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Provide tax program / project level analysis – producing required program / project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Collaborate closely with developers across regions and geographies to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Identify ways to increase adoption and client satisfaction
- Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Serve as a liaison between business, tax operations, operations and technology to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
- Assist with and test implementation for all vendor relationships to ensure data transfer collection, quality and reporting relationships are working appropriately down to the market level to ensure market team member and provider experience is appropriate
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, program / project summaries and updates.
- Create and maintain program / project schedules by developing program / project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the program / project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact program / project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
- Develop and execute test plans along with test teams
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
- Must have experience working on large scale program / projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Strong program / project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Understanding of financial returns/ gains, client and operational data, analytics etc.
- Data analysis – Knowledge of SQL, proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Desirable – knowledge of withholding taxes, FTT and sales taxes (VAT, GST)
Senior Business Analyst top skills & proficiencies:
- Technical Understanding
- Problem Solving
- Client Management
- Business Operations
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Proven interpersonal, collaboration, diplomatic, influencing, planning and organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to effectively use complex analytical, interpretive and problem-solving techniques
- Proven relationship management skills to partner and influence across organizational lines
- Demonstrated ability to be work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines with proactive, decisiveness and flexibility
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Business Analysis / Client Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting