Location: Hybrid (2 days per week in our Kilkenny office)
Do you have geospatial analytics experience? Have you worked with satellite imagery, weather systems, image processing and time series? If so we want to hear from you!
At Intellync, we put our users first. The world is always changing and we are looking for a Geospatial Data Scientist who is continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect our customers every day.
Intellync aims to build products that organize Agri Tech information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Geospatial Data Scientist at Intellync, you will be working on and delivering new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. This is a unique opportunity to work within an exciting start up supported by a large corporate business.
In this role you will play a very important part of a new project, producing critical data science, insights and forecasting models to create new platforms and products. You will also have the opportunity to partner with many other technical experts across the business and work with a dynamic, forward thinking and collaborative team.
What you'll be doing:
- Cleaning, managing and analysing remote sensing and geospatial data sets, including disparate data and information from customers and partners of Intellync, to support the roll out of proof of concepts and product development.
- Evaluating partners models outputs based on various data, including weather and remote sensing and associated technologies and assess feasibility for integration into Intellync platform.
- Designing, testing and validating analytics to allow interpretation of cropping status for the end user
- Leading assignment execution against accelerated, critical-path timelines in a right-first-time manner
- Be a key member of the Agile Scrum Teams
- Liaise with the various stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties
- Build internal and external consumer facing reports
What you'll bring:
- Deep experience in geospatial analytics, image processing, remote sensing, especially with earth observation satellites and time series
- Proven data science experience with the ability to analyse, manage and interpret large and complex amounts of data
- Good knowledge of mathematical methods of data processing
- Advanced GIS (Geographic Information System) knowledge
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Experience in agriculture or related fields such as FMCG would be preferred
- Previous python experience would be an advantage
If you would like to be an instrumental part of a growing business at a very exciting time, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us and apply today!
About The Company
Rewarding your passion
When you join us, you'll do meaningful work and be rewarded fairly for it. From annual salary reviews and incentive bonus, ongoing career development and enhanced family, financial and wellbeing benefits – these are just some of the ways we reward you - from day one.
Intellync bridge the gap between people, data and technology in agriculture. We deliver in-depth, intuitive and insightful solutions that span the value chain from farmers to retailers.
We’re part of AB Agri, the agricultural division of Associated British Foods (ABF plc) and we’re passionate about feeding the world responsibly and affordably by making quality animal feed, creating nutrition and technology-based products, and offering data services for the agri-food industry. What sets us apart is how we delight our customers - and that’s because of great people like you. People with different life experiences who share common values. Together we’re building a fair, innovative and inclusive culture.
As a Disability Confident employer, we’re committed to ensuring our application and recruitment processes work for everyone so if you need any additional support (like alternative formats for your application, bringing a support dog to the offices, a sign language interpreter - or anything else) just let us know.
We hope you feel that AB Agri is somewhere you can thrive and so we’d love to hear from you. We get a lot of applications for our roles and sometimes need to close the process early so register your details and upload your CV via our careers website as soon as you can – it will only take a few minutes.
When you do, we’ll ask you some equal opportunities questions just to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive – or show us areas we can improve. This information is anonymised, separate from your application and is never seen by the hiring panel. You can choose not to answer these questions and this won’t affect your application.
Apply today or contact our recruitment team for more information.
Agencies and media sales
AB Agri group politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We don’t accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.