Name of Hiring Company: Nuvoola AI
Nuvoola AI is an artificial intelligence firm based in Quebec, Ontario, and New Brunswick. We are market leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer vision, implementing virtual guard solutions, with facial, license plate and character recognition, leveraging natural language interaction for various market and industries. We thrive at optimizing business processes and solving complex operational problems. We are a recognized and talented team partnering with the best in the industry and take serious proud of helping our customer reduce their operating cost, be more competitive while improving their overall efficiency.
We offer a stimulating, high technology work environment and state-of-the-art projects, coupled with professional development and continuing education with access to international conferences and sophisticated work equipment.
Nuvoola AI subscribes to the principle of equal access to employment and promotes the diversity of the workforce.
Please apply via https://www.nuvoola.com/company#careers
Job Title: Data Scientist
- Finances and Administration
- Natural and Applied Science + Related Fields
- Supply chain, Transportation, and Related Fields
- Natural Resources, Agriculture
- Public Utilities – Fabrication & Services
Number of Opening: 1
Designated Work Area:
Montreal or Chambly (QC), Ottawa (ON), Caraquet (NB), Remote
Are you passionate about creating sustainable solutions using AI and cloud technologies?
Join the Nuvoola AI team as a Data Scientist to solve interesting business challenges. We are looking for individuals that master a whole range of skills and talents going from being able to handle the raw data, analyzing that data with the help of statistical techniques, to sharing his/her insights with his peers (and customers) in a compelling way. The candidate should be capable of figuring new ways of answering business needs where current BI formulas do not exist, should also be focused on predicting future results vs traditional BI views of current/past KPIs.
If you are looking for a team environment and a fun place to work, with emerging technologies and projects, Nuvoola AI is the place for you. Come and join us!
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand distinct problems and expected outcomes, and models and frames business scenarios which impact critical business decisions.
- Applies scripting and programming skills to assemble various types of source data (unstructured, semi-structured, and structured) into well-prepared datasets with multiple levels of granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Summarizes statistical findings and draws conclusions, presents actionable business recommendations. Presents findings and recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
- Makes strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention requirements incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Helps define the strategic direction that Nuvoola AI should take with respect to AI.
- Influences stakeholders on the best approaches to use for deep learning.
- Identifies cloud infrastructure needs for deep learning.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for new tools, techniques, and technologies to develop and support evolving operational needs in the AI space.
- Designs and develops custom data models and algorithms for the Nuvoola AI product line.
- Institutionalizes and develops the practice of data scientist within Nuvoola AI.
- Popularize complex solutions so that they are clear and understandable for non-experts.
- Promotes data science at Nuvoola AI, its customers and to the external community.
- Acts as a liaison between our University partners and Nuvoola AI (University of Moncton & ETS). Works closely and supervises the future holders of a doctorate working on our innovating projects with such key partners. Will physically work at those facilities when required.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field or equivalent. Masters or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience directly related to quantitative analysis with proven results.
- 3+ years of work experience across a broad set of data science skills, including traditional statistical methods, machine learning and Natural Language Processing.
- 3+ years of experience with time-series analysis, forecasting, and anomaly detection
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with R, Python, SQL and C.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and French)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Dynamic, positive attitude, practical, takes initiative to solve problems.
- Excellent time management, organizational and collaborative skills.
Level in French
Level in English
Number of Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years
Duration of Contract
- Fixed Duration (temporary)
- Undetermined Duration (permanent)
Starting Date (Day/Month/Year): April 2021
Amount ($ CAN):
From____$______ To _____$______
The information on the salary is:
Why work at Nuvoola AI:
- Stimulating work environment and state-of-the-art projects,
- Professional development and continuing education with access to international conferences,
- Benefits after 3 months in position providing excellent coverage,
- Open work environment and sophisticated work equipment.
Nuvoola subscribes to the principle of equal access to employment and promotes the diversity of the workforce.