We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team at one of our office in Hyderabad, India. Are you our next star player?We are passionate about applying data science and machine learning to create value and support our business. Our team is a highly collaborative and encouraging environment where you can hone your skillset and progress your career in a direction that interests you. You will have the opportunity to play a central role in the growth of an industry-leading data science team. We strongly believe in furthering our team, evidenced by the first-class progression opportunities you will enjoy” Daniel O’Sullivan, Head of Data ScienceWhy we need you:
Within the Pokerstars Data Science team you will develop and operationalise cutting-edge machine learning solutions which help power our customer experiences. You will work together with a highly talented and motivated team and grow your skills using advanced technologies such as real time machine learning.
You’ll be a Data Science partner to a business unit (Poker, Casino, Sportsbook or Operations), where you will get the opportunity to work on exceptionally interesting problems. You will be responsible for seeking out novel solutions to business-critical issues using massive datasets and a wide variety of Data Science and statistical techniques. Who we’re looking for:
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree or MSc/PhD qualified in a STEM subject
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience delivering production grade machine learning products in an academic or corporate environment
- You’ll have a deep understanding of both statistics and machine learning techniques
- This will include hands on experience in areas such as tree-based learners, deep learning (e.g. CNNs, RNNs, GNNs), reinforcement learning and/or unsupervised methods• You will be proficient in at least one programming language (Python, R, Scala)
- Experience manipulating large datasets using SQL, Spark, or similar
- The ability to tell a story through data and explain technical concepts to stakeholders
- An understanding that a team is greater than the sum of its parts, and embraces winning together.
What’s in it for you?
- Previous experience in the online gaming industry is a plus
- Proficiency with the PyData stack and experience with deep learning frameworks
- Hands on experience working with big data solutions and/or cloud technology
- Knowledge of git and version control as well as experience working with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience using cloud-based machine learning platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or GCP)
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
About the Group
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 15 days paid annual leave and 12 days casual leave
- Annual allowance for health and dental services
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 34,000 INR for your new addition whilst working for us
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it. Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview. Find your passion with PokerStars.