Requisition Number: 88070
Join Insight Digital Innovation team as a Senior Data Scientist and build solutions utilizing the most cutting-edge cloud-based technologies in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced analytics! On our team, you will work closely with client stakeholders and our diverse, award-winning team of engineers, architects, and thought leaders to design, build, and implement next-generation solutions. We know that our success is due to our smart, talented team! As a full time, permanent team member with a competitive benefits plan, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment where you can be creative, develop professionally, and stay on the forefront of technology.
What our Data Scientists Do:
- Drive discovery, design, and execution of advanced analytics solutions for our clients
- Work closely with client business and technical stakeholders to shape the success of projects
- Provide leadership through all stages of the project life-cycle: estimations, design, management, coding, deployment, and more
- Lead teams in the creation and deployment of predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive models
- Lead teams in the utilization of analytical, statistical, and machine learning tools to uncover insights and actions
- Collaborate with other DI team members to ensure successful delivery and high business impact for our clients
- Participate in cross-functional architectural design
- Provide mentorship to other data scientists
- Aggressively grow your skillset and expertise to include other data disciplines to meet the emerging needs of the market
What We Look For
- 5+ years experience professional advanced analytics development and delivery experience
- Deep knowledge of AI cases and patterns: time series, classification, natural language processing, simulation and more
- Be able to lead the full advanced analytics lifecycle, including business discovery, model operationalization and model monitoring and maintenance
- 4+ years experience designing and implementing multi-model real-world solutions
- Agile development methodology experience
- Excellent skills in at least one of the following: Python, Scala, or R (Python strongly preferred)
- Expertise with common machine learning libraries
- Experience developing in cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS) using the associated tools
(Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, SageMaker)
- Experience in traditional database development and analysis (SQL, PowerBI, SSRS, etc.)
- Drive to make others great though collaboration, example, and mentoring
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies and passion to deliver quality solutions both individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and one of the following:
- 5 year of work experience in software development/analytics
- Advanced degree (master’s, PhD or equivalent) in a quantitative field along with 3 years of work experience in software development/analytics
- Expert-level understanding of and experience with machine learning techniques, such as decision trees, random forests, neural networks, SVM, ensemble learning, etc.
- Strong software development proficiency (source control/Git, testing, best practices, etc)
- Expert level Python proficiency
- Expert level SQL proficiency
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with big data infrastructure and tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Java, MapReduce).
- Advanced degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics)
- Strong programming skills using advanced statistical tools like R, Python, SAS, and MATLAB with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes, conduct statistical data analysis, and build predictive models.
- Strong acumen diagnosing and resolving data issues to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, quantitative reasoning skills, and problem-solving skills. Ability to relate complex analysis and insights to effective business strategy
- Proven ability to drive each project to completion with minimal guidance while effectively managing multiple projects at a time
Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000 + variable bonus
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
- Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year
- Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2020 list of Best Places to Work
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Raleigh || North Carolina (US-NC) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Raleigh, NC ||