About The Role
Are you passionate about turning data into actionable insights? As a Data Analyst at Checkatrade, you'll have a pivotal role in our Data & Insights function, where you can define, build, and deliver data visualizations and reports that drive business growth. At Checkatrade, we're not only dedicated to transforming the home repair and improvement industry but also committed to creating an exceptional workplace for our team. Being recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces in Tech 2022 is a testament to our values, our people, and our exciting journey ahead. Join us, and be a part of our thriving tech business.
What does the role involve?
- Build visually compelling dashboards, reports, and visualizations using Power BI, from gathering business requirements to deploying production-ready insights for self-serve decision-making.
- Collaborate with the Head of Data & Insights to design and implement the BI strategy, exploring emerging technologies to align with organizational goals.
- Perform data analysis using SQL and Excel, transforming data into insights that explain customer behaviour and drive acquisition and customer management efforts to increase customer base and value.
- Present BI and analytics outputs to internal stakeholders, effectively communicating complex information.
- Develop deep business knowledge, identifying new opportunities for BI, ensuring best practices in visualization development, and conducting Power BI training sessions for colleagues to promote self-service analytics.
- Coach colleagues in the business on best practices for Power BI adoption and usage.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding personal and confidential data.
What do you need to succeed?
- Commercially articulate with the ability to understand business challenges and shape analytical solutions.
- Previous work experience in Business Intelligence/Data Analysis, preferably in a marketing-related field, including report/dashboard building and data analysis using tools such as SQL and Power BI.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong interpersonal abilities and the capacity to translate business requirements into data briefs.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude, and the ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Track record of implementing BI solutions with a strong focus on best practices and governance.
- Batchelor’s degree or equivalent in numerate discipline such as Mathematics, Science or Engineer
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting opportunity to build a career in a progressive organisation that places great importance on data and insights to support decision making.
- Additional training opportunities including Power BI certification where required and support of an experienced team of Data experts with a track record of developing talent.
- An excellent starting salary and benefit package in a progressive organisation that is growing rapidly.
- Based in our Portsmouth office, working on a Hybrid model, minimum of 2 days in the office per week.
If you're ready to use your data analysis skills to shape the future of Checkatrade and contribute to our growth, we invite you to join our team. Apply today and be part of a company that values your talent and puts its people first.
Checkatrade is the consumer choice for finding a local reputable and reliable tradesperson. For over 20 years, we've been the place where reputation matters most - and if you join us, you’ll ensure that our trade members continue to uphold these high standards. With 47,000 trades available to help with your home improvement project, we’re here to help no matter how big or small the project you are undertaking is. We're currently going through a period of significant investment and growth and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on our journey to help us achieve our ambitious goals. This is a really exciting time to join our team.