POSITION TITLE: Data Engineer
The Data Engineer participates in the design and development of data integration and data warehouse models to ensure business units have access to the data they need and make informed decisions. This position is responsible for analyzing data and collaborate with business analyst and developers to translate data requirements into logical data models, develop ETL/ data integration as needed and the continued evolution of data warehouses, data stores and data marts.
- Understand business requirements, business processes and data sources.
- Actively participate/interact with users and business analyst to understand requirements of the data need and reports.
- Design and develop source to target mapping to support data transformation process.
- Design highly scalable ETL processes or data transformations.
- Design and develop SQL functions, stored procedures and views, help develop reporting data mart, provide support to reporting team.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data.
- Responsible for the integrity and quality of data and information stored and flowing between business applications, the enterprise data warehouse, data marts and business intelligence applications.
- Responsible for creating design specification, technical documentation, data mapping and other training documents as needed.
- Produce deliverables that facilitate better understanding across all products such as data flow diagrams, data models, ERDs and other illustrations.
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, advising on new and improved data engineering strategies leading to improvement in data governance across the business, promoting informed decision-making, and ultimately improving overall business performance.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training related to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General policies and procedure for compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a status on Natera training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with data warehouse methodologies (Star/Snowflake Schema, OLAP, Dimensional modeling etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in writing extensive SQL functions and procedures and optimization techniques
- Experience in data analysis, data modelling, data cleansing and reporting
- Experience with Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using Talend and similar platform.
- Experience working with Cloud Data Platform – Snowflake or similar platform
- Experience on programming language (Python preferred)
- Experience with cloud platform services desired (AWS preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven understanding of the full software development lifecycle including testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and solution-oriented
- Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Knowledge of, and experience with Healthcare domain is plus
- Nice to have: Experience in handling semi /un-structured data and related tools & technologies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings & weekends) at times
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.