Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.Responsibilities
- Work with vehicle telemetry data at scale to provide insight on the battery health, performance, and powertrain efficiency of Rivian products
- Work with battery scientists to improve state of health estimation for batteries based on field data models.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models for predicting and forecasting field failures, cell chemistry variations, battery health degradation and how various driving behaviors affect battery performance for safety and drivability.
- Build scalable full stack infrastructure and data pipelines to aggregate telemetry and service data in order to monitor and predict failures in the field.
- Research and development of multivariate models for prognostics applications, predictive maintenance, and battery state of health estimation, battery health coaching.
- Run cloud based data models to assist improving battery power and energy estimation based on current, voltage and temperature data points across various drive cycles and geographies.
- Work with embedded systems engineers to bring cloud based data models to run on embedded systems.
- Actively enrolled in BS, MS or PhD programs in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics or Mathematics preferred
- Must have Data Science domain knowledge:
- Experience working with data in Apache Spark, Python and SQL
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering with Python
- Understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts (Search methods, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Various ML tool boxes etc)
- Data visualization (Tableau, Quick Sight) and communication best practices
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.