HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.Specialist Data Engineer (Tampa, FL or East Coast Remote)
What You Will Do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be a key contributor to our mission of leveraging data and technology to transform the pharmaceutical industry. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain data solutions that enable AI-driven capabilities such as chatbots and automation for telephony systems, optimizing interactions with healthcare professionals (HCP) and patients.Responsibilities:
- Utilize your extensive data engineering experience to design, develop, and maintain robust data pipelines, ensuring data availability and reliability for AI-driven solutions.
- Leverage your hands-on experience with technologies such as Google Dialogflow, BigQuery database, and related tools to develop and integrate AI capabilities into our systems.
- Own the development and improvement of chatbot solutions for HCP and patient interactions, optimizing communication channels and improving user experiences.
- Drive the automation of telephony systems to streamline and improve communication processes, ensuring efficient and effective interactions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve call center capabilities, utilizing AI-driven solutions to improve response times and service quality.
- Work on integrating data from various sources, ensuring data consistency, accuracy, and security!
- Continuously monitor and optimize data pipelines and AI solutions.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of data pipelines, processes, and system configurations. Generate regular reports and provide insights to partners.
- Collaborate effectively with data scientists, software developers, business analysts to ensure successful project outcomes.
What We Expect Of You
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will have these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Master’s degree and 3 years of data engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of data engineering experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of data engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in data engineering with a strong focus on pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Proficiency in technologies such as Google Dialogflow and BigQuery database.
- Experience with the following AWS cloud, including Lambda function, DynamoDB, RDS, API Gateway, Docker container on AWS ECS/EKS, Google Cloud, including Cloud Function, Dialogflow, App Engine, Cloud Builda, Kubernete environment
- Experience in developing and deploying chatbots and automation solutions.
- Solid understanding of AI and machine learning concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of healthcare data compliance regulations (HIPAA, GDPR) and SAFe methodology is a plus.
What You Can Expect Of Us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.