BAE Systems is looking for a motivated Data Scientist Engineer for the newly awarded ISEE contract at with the Bolling customer. This contract has a minimum of a 5 year POP. Candidate needs to have exceptionally complex ability to working with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions. Mines and analyzes data from databases to drive optimization and improvement of the customer missions and business strategies. Assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques. Develops custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. Uses predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, efficiencies, process improvements, and other business outcomes. Develops organizational A/B testing framework and tests model quality. Coordinates with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes. Develops processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy. Work locations could be Annapolis Junction MD, Dulles VA, Reston VA, Tampa Florida or Bolling AFB Washington DC.Required Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education
- Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues.
- Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Directs multiple teams through to project completion.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- High School Diploma + 10 years
- Associate's Degree + 8 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 6 years
- Master's Degree + 4 years
- PhD + 2 years
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.