At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. As employees, we foster collaboration and teamwork, drive for results, champion change, and inspire and motivate others to high performance. We value stewardship, passion, respect, integrity, and gratitude. And, every day we build upon the strong corporate culture that makes MTD a great place to build a career.
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt®, Robomow®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten® – all backed by our strong network of MTD support focused on uncompromising quality, service and value through advanced manufacturing.
As part of the Data & Analytics team, the Data Engineer will contribute to the development of enterprise analytics products and data management solutions in support of MTD’s strategic initiatives. They will work closely with the Data Analysts, Data Architects and Data Citizens to develop and implement data strategies that support the democratization, integration, and standardization of MTD’s Enterprise data. They will work closely with our Data Governance Lead to ensure consistency of business definitions and data quality. Acting as a thought leader for MTD data, the Data Engineer works with IT and business partners to identify potential areas were analytics can add business value, escalates issues in current capabilities, and assists with planning that helps achieve business goals.
They provide thought leadership on industry trends and innovation opportunities within their respective business areas, and as appropriate turn these into IT projects that deliver future capabilities.
Equally important, the Data Engineer works across the IT organization to ensure their business partner’s unique needs are incorporated in IT standards and enterprise solutions. They work with IT delivery teams, to interpret business requirements and secure business project resources.
- Builds robust, fault tolerant data pipelines that clean, transform and aggregate unorganized and messy data into data products, authored PBI data sets, databases or data sources
- Provides data in a ready-to-use format for IT Data Analysts and Functional Data Citizens
- Administers the data catalog for accuracy, effectiveness and recommend and implement approved improvements to increase Data Citizen access to Enterprise data
- Assemble data sets by data profiling, data mapping and loading data to our Enterprise Data Stores
- Ensure data integrity with data profiling, data cleansing, and data audits
- Reverse engineers application integration requirements and completes ETL work for IT projects
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets to provide insights to functional team decisions
- Ensures enterprise data is structured for ease of use and adheres to data modeling standards and best practices
- Stays current on research, benchmarks in the Data & Analytics technology space and makes recommendations or offers alternative solutions for the improvement and growth of Enterprise analytic capabilities
- Knowledge of data integration tools, data governance and enterprise grade reporting systems
- Experience staging and loading data to an Enterprise grade data warehouse.
- Experience with project management, deploying Enterprise technical solutions, and handling change management activities.
- Experience building and maintaining collaborative relationships with colleagues, customers, and peers
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong negotiation, influence, and teamwork skills
- Exhibits a high tolerance for rapid change and manages change effectively
- Demonstrated ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and develop business cases
- Confident, professional, and effective presenting and interacting with senior management.
- 3 years of IT solutions or business domain experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 2 year of data & analytics experience; leading analytical initiatives and standardizing reporting dashboards
- 2 years of experience collaborating with IT solution design/development teams (internal or external).
- Experience working within a matrixed organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Analytics or related field.
- Experience with Oracle data bases, Cognos, SQL Server, Power BI, Alteryx and Data Stage ETL tools are considered an asset
- Experience with Salesforce Einstein
- Experience onboarding new data into a data warehouse
- Experience with data modelling and data mapping
- Experience supporting reporting platforms for 500+ users
- Experience documenting/designing business processes
- IT project experience across multiple industries, markets, and/or functional areas
- Equivalent work experience may be substituted
- Located within any North American based time zones
- Office environment
- Day / first shift role.
- Full-time schedule
- 5 to 10% domestic and international travel.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.