- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or related field
- 2+ years of experience building statistical and machine learning models for forecasting and/or marketing
- 1+ years of experience researching, identifying, evaluating, and implementing modeling solutions for complex business problems
- 2+ years of experience using Python, R or other traditional programming language is required
- 2+ years of experience in SQL
Amazon Web Services’ Marketing Science team is looking for a Data Scientist with excellent technical skills in machine learning and forecasting to drive methodology improvements and tool inventions for marketing planning, goal tracking, targeting and segmentation, while developing our long term roadmap.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, humble to seek feedback and learn from peers (scientists, economists, marketing practitioners), bold to think big, has solid attention to detail and believes in challenging themselves to raise the bar continuously. The scientist will develop production models using geographical, macro-economic and customer-level panel data on demand forecasting and account-based marketing. They will work closely with media and portfolio teams to understand business needs and with data engineering team to productionize solutions.
This role requires an individual with excellent quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical, machine learning, econometric, and coding skills.
The candidate should have excellent communication skills to work closely with stakeholders to translate business needs into methodology and data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with excellent attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.Location:
Position may be located in Seattle, or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.Responsibilities:
- Simplify and drive automation of the forecasting process by building new tools and onboarding existing ones from Amazon Retail or AWS
- Design and build scalable analytic solutions using forecasting and machine learning models to measure the financial impact of cross channel marketing spend
- Design and implement forecasting and machine learning models in partnership with other scientists on the team
- Work with the data acquisition team on data requirements
- Work closely with both business units and engineering teams to formulate forecasting and targeting problems and associated technical solution strategies
- Work with peer science and marketing teams in Amazon Retail to identify technical solutions that could be used or adopted in AWS Marketing forecasting and targeting framework
- Develop a library of forecasting and machine learning algorithms to enable data-driven decision making
- Support engineering teams to build tools and applications on our unique big data platform to efficiently generate and deploy insights into decision-making systems at AWS
- Raise the bar on applications of machine learning and deep learning for forecasting and targeting
- PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, or Related Fields
- Experience working with engineering to productionize ML models
- Experience presenting data-focused research to upper management and non-technical stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $119,300 - 160,000/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.Benefits overview: