This position will provide reporting, data analysis, actionable insights and expertise in support of all aspects of Transportation. Position will be responsible for interpreting and presenting data to leadership and/or business partners as needed in order to guide business decisions. This includes creating and producing reports, developing data visualizations, dashboards, as well as building high-level data models and summaries. Must be able to pull and merge data from core systems and think strategically to identify actionable items with a focus on cost avoidance, process improvement, or current department initiatives. Must be able to identify and create user-friendly visualizations of complex relationships and big data sets to assist in recommendations to business partners.
- Builds, runs, reviews, and publishes reports detailing performance of the sourcing and selection process or supporting research or executive iniatives.
- Identifies trends and anomalies, analyzing relationships between process changes and performance data to automate and improve upon.
- Develops business accumen and subject matter expertise in various data sources and utilizes appropriate analytics tools, including SQL, Spotfire, and SAS.
- Combines a good level of understanding on how business operates with analytical ability to data mine to reach conclusions that will guide departmental and organization efforts to achieve strategic objectives.
- Encompasses a technical competency to illustrate analyses to senior level stakeholders and the wider business.
- Ability to complete project-oriented work including investigating strategic business concepts and opportunities, developing conclusions and hypothesis, and presenting possible outcomes and root causes.
- Creates dashboards and tools to summarize and visually represent complex data in a simple end-user experience.
- Identifies and builds solutions to address any business needs, including cost avoidance, process improvement, or current department initiatives.
- Collaborates across departments to identify methods to improve data deficiencies, analysis, and reporting to ensure data is validated and source input errors are corrected.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, or any quantitative field required. In addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years related analysis or reporting experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Four (4) years experience required in an analytical field with significant report writing, data analysis, predictive modeling/forecasting responsibilities required. Analysis performed in support of high-volume, multi-site operations processes is preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
% of Travel for the Position:
- Microsoft Office, including high degree of proficiency with Excel. Macro creation is not required but is preferred.
- Proven experience with SQL and database technology, data visualization, and SAS.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to internal and external factors influencing decision making and using that information to inform insights and reporting
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate traning and/or deliver information to groups or all levels of individuals
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information and to communicate with all levels of management.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan resources to meet deadlines and goals and work independently in responding to day-to-day functional needs.
- Ability to self assess, fill in knowledge gaps, and independently increase technical and business accumen.
1000 FedEx DriveCity:
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce