Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer, and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality.
We are looking for a data analyst that joins the Launch Hub (ninja) team and who shares our passion for helping make Siemens Mobility Spain and the South-West Europe Region a more efficient and digitalized company. The Ninja Launch Hub is a space to innovate where self-initiative can thrive. The goal is to push internal digital transformation, enhance efficiency and provide proper tools and information to the strategic decision-making processes at the company. The Launch Hub main activities are focused on starting or set efficiency in motion, build up a community and support on becoming a data-driven company.
As a Data Analyst, you will focus on help drive decisions and action through analytics. You will help deliver value to our end users and have the opportunity to create visualization solutions. You will tackle complex problems while delivering real-world solutions.
What will you do?
- Work closely with various stakeholders to analyze, organize, use and present data
- Create reports, dashboards, and performance indicators in compliance with Best Practices and standards
- Analyze data to derive insights for critical decision-making
- Analyze data, conduct research, and synthesize feedback into plans, processes, and playbooks
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Identify patterns, build models, test, and improve predictive algorithms that increase our understanding of trends and identify opportunities to improve
- Propose creative technical and quantitative solutions to problems and drive these through to implementation
- Partner with teams within SMO Spain and the broader SWE region to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Communicating results of analyses to non-technical stakeholders who are the users of systems involving metrics, pipelines, and dashboards
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights to operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Increase the capabilities of our reporting/analytics platforms to support business insight for internal users
What will you need to succeed?
- Display self-reliance and resourcefulness
- Be comfortable in a fast-moving environment and excited to collaborate cross functionally.
- Be proactive identifying opportunities for improvements in data quality, data visualization and data reporting, innovative, enthusiastic, and versatile
- Be an excellent team player and like to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Be passionate about data, digitalization, AI and analytics
- Have strong internal customer focus
- Possess the Ability to navigate easily in a global & multicultural environment
- Problem solving and data analysis skills
- Have strong data visualization skills
- Good communication skills
What qualifications do you need?
- 2+ years professional experience working on data analytics
- Degree with a quantitative focus in Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Business Analytics or equivalent
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Professional experience with data visualization tools
- Professional experience with reporting systems, data pipeline architecture, data modelling and automation
- Office 365 Power Platform knowledge (Power BI, PowerApps, PowerAutomate…)
- Experience with statistical analysis (e.g., hypothesis testing, probability, regressions, experimentation logic and biases, data modeling techniques, time series analysis)
- Proficiency in querying and manipulating complex raw datasets for analysis using SQL, Python or R
- Knowledge of VBA language
- Knowledge of SAP software
- Ability explaining technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to varied audiences and ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Desirable User Experience knowledge/orientation
- Desirable Mendix (low code tools) knowledge
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.