Finance Decision Science (FDS) team leverages data and new technology to innovate around the way we forecast key measures to add stability and predictability to the AXP P&L. FDS team’s goal is to help the organization make fact-based and scientifically developed decisions around risk and opportunities.
Finance Decision Scientists work closely with other teams in Finance, Business and Risk to define new methods of prediction and align them with business strategy. This position will be part of a highly talented team with strong intellectual curiosity. Our team is excited about solving business problems through data and technology.
- Develop predictive modeling that incorporates behaviors and increased level of data granularity
- Use machine learning techniques to improve forecasts and produce business insights; leverage visualization and reporting tools
- Partner across Finance, Risk and Business to derive strategic insights, provide thought leadership into key findings and actionable recommendations to influence business strategy
- Understand and adopt emerging technology that can affect the application of the quantitative analytical approaches and technique
- Hands-on experience managing/ leading projects using large amounts of data and application of advanced predictive analytics
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS, Hive, Python, R, Machine Learning Techniques
- Tableau or other visualization tools experience is strongly preferred
- BS/MS or PhD in a quantitative field - Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Highly motivated individual with desire to work on ambiguous projects, with the ability to break down and execute on complex ideas
- Be data-driven, outcome-focused and fast learner
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to solve ad-hoc business problems independently and projects while adhering to deadlines
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2020, 9:23:12 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.