At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our team as a Data/Business Analyst in our IT function. Information Technology at BlueScope have embarked on an exciting enterprise technology transformation, supporting our business and customers now and for the future.
The role of the Data/Business Analyst is to help support our Manufacturing and Distribution businesses and their ongoing technology needs. Together we will achieve this by providing clear market data and information to create improved business insight. In this key role, you will partner with business stakeholders and IT colleagues to analyse, translate, document and communicate business requirements.
This role is based in Mount Waverley VIC
What Will You Do?
Working closely with the manufacturing and distribution teams you will analyse existing processes and systems determining opportunities for process improvements. You will serve as a liaison between IT and the business to collect, clarify and translate business requirements and processes into documentation.
To achieve this, you will:
- Understand business processes and work with Data Engineers to define, consolidate and exploit data
- Proactively collaborate with the business to analyse information needs and functional requirements
- Liaise between the business and software development teams
- Work with Data Engineers to model and present data for the purposes of visualisation
- Develop and assist in the presentation of business cases
- Lead planning sessions to implement integrated business process improvements
More About You
With knowledge of Data and Business Analysis providing IT solutions across a broad range of projects, you will also have:
- Proven analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to interact with a diverse group
- Experience of creating business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Power Bi
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Wednesday 13th October