Kick-start your career in the online gaming world and experience the very latest in technology and innovation.
Want to be part of a team that’s pioneering in our industry? Then look no further. Our mission is to unlock the power of our data by finding innovative ways to analyse, organise, integrate and visualise information.
By doing this we empower leaders across the business to make decisions quickly and confidently. You’ll have access to cutting edge technologies and techniques and be part of a wider team of high performing analysts, data scientists, product managers and marketers.
Excited by the power of data? You could be just who we want on our team.
As the Customer Support Operations department, our job is to understand our customers’ needs, while delivering an authentic human extension to our product offering on an informative, friendly, and multi-language level. Betway are seeking a data analyst to help revolutionise the way we look at customer risk, anti-money laundering and our regulatory processes.
Purpose of the Role:
The role will be pivotal in helping the business leaders make the right decisions to transform our regulatory and Safer Gambling programmes whilst offering the best in class customer experience.
You will work collaboratively with the data science, data engineering, compliance, and commercial teams to analyse, visualise and explain data to stakeholders at all levels and help achieve business objectives.
You must have a strong grasp of mathematical concepts, proven data wrangling experience and the acumen to drive insights through to implementation.
At Betway, we love to challenge the status quo so the successful candidate will have the autonomy to apply analytical techniques and directly influence the way we do things.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Create comprehensive monitoring and reporting solutions on our AML functions including:
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Sanctions and Adverse Media
- Enhanced Due Diligence / Source of Wealth triggers and journeys
- Customer risk rating
- Deliver continuous monitoring and alerting solutions across the entire regulatory space to ensure we remain compliant
- Assist the Compliance and Internal Audit teams by extracting data and answering ad-hoc requests for information from regulatory bodies or data for the filing of regulatory returns
- Work closely with heads of department (AML, Data Protection, Compliance, Licensing & Compliance Operations, Customer Welfare) to define key operational metrics and provide regular analysis to help shape our strategies. The work here will be key to enabling the business to react to changes in legislation and support Betway as we expand into new regulated markets.
- Work with Country Management and the wider Analytics & Insights teams to assess the commercial impact of regulatory initiatives in their markets, helping them to understand and better manage their risks, and ensure a positive customer experience
- Work with the Data Science team to help them develop and train AI and machine learning models to mitigate risk to our business and customers
- Educated to degree level in a scientific or quantitative discipline or have at least 2 years work experience in a business intelligence, analytical or finance role.
- Demonstrable SQL skills to query, manipulate and transform large data sets
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, data modelling, data management and data quality assurance.
- Experience working with data engineers and architects to define and design datasets
- Extensive experience in data analysis and transformation rules for ETL processes in a warehouse environment or using data products like Alteryx to achieve this
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualisation tools
- Proven experience using data to generate insights and demonstrate their value to influence business decisions
- Experience working in Gaming, Finance, or other highly regulated industry
- Understanding of AML principles (KYC, PEPs, Sanctions, Adverse Media)
- Experience with Databricks, Spark, Hadoop or other big data technologies
- Experience writing code in Python, R or Scala
- Experience with relational or non-relational database technologies
- Experience working with unstructured data
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop, and maintain relationships with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience prioritising multiple streams of work for yourself and others, focusing on those that will drive the most value
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Learning, Collaboration And Knowledge Management
- Creative thinking
*Please note we will apply relevance to our Talent Management and Talent Development Programme as part of our recruitment process.
*Shortlisted candidates may need to complete an assessment.
This position requires trust and honesty it has access to customers financial details - therefore a credit and criminal record check will be conducted. The qualifications identified herein are an inherent job requirement; therefore, a qualification verification check will be done. By applying for this role, and supplying the necessary details, you hereby grant us permission to apply for these checks. This will be done in a confidential manner, and solely for the purposes of verification.
To view all current vacancies, please visit our website, www.digioutsource.com
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
The perfect place to work, play and grow!