- Contributes to data and IT projects as a business-minded analyst, performing full lifecycle analysis including data profiling, requirements gathering and documenting, data mappings, process and data design flows, data quality controls input, and testing assistance
- Establish and maintain a strong understanding of Moody’s business processes and data needs of the assigned business project and/or MIS Strategic objective
- Work with business stakeholders to define, analyze, and document business requirements to help implement solutions consistent with the needs of Rating Groups and other MIS strategic objectives, including use case development as needed for clear understanding by business and development teams
- Manage and support business and data requirements documentation
- Assist with conceptual data modeling concepts to align to data domains
- Ensures the various business applications maintained by MIS Tech reference the correct data sources, and facilitate consistent data structures and content across the organization
- Understands and can communicate data management principles such as Master Data Management, Critical Data Elements, Granularity, Normalization, etc.
- SQL skills for data profiling and analysis, and ability to reverse engineer existing databases with minimal assistance
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Support data requests/projects and helps to interpret data sets
- Perform ad-hoc data/process analysis as needed
- Participate in Agile scrum teams and contribute to project planning and work prioritization
- Perform a Scrum Master role, or lead other Business/Data Analysts as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Business/System/Data Analyst experience (requirements, data mappings, process flows, conceptual data modeling, etc.)
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
- Experience with SQL a must, experience with Data Profiling, ETL and Data Reporting tools a plus
- Strong experience working in Agile environments, experience with design thinking.
- Experience building use cases and test cases, and experience with test case execution
- Ability to coordinate and assist teams to resolve complex analytical and technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to translate technical concepts to business concepts and vice versa
- Client focused, proactive, and results oriented
- Detail oriented – strong analytical skills and ability to process information quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be an individual contributor and a manager
The SDE – Data Solutions will support MIS Tech project initiatives to ensure that the business needs are met with usable, quality data. The role will serve as a key contact person between the various business and technical teams and requires a self-motivated individual with a diverse skillset. Skills needed for the job include eliciting business requirements, validating and documenting the requirements, creating data mappings, creating process and data flows, and providing testing assistance. The role will also regularly work with IT developers, business analysts, data modelers, and Enterprise Data Management resources to ensure that both the business needs and MIS Tech strategic objectives are met.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity