Data Scientist - Machine Learning/ Computer Vision / NLP-20000F4KApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:
Principal Member of Technical Staff - Digital Assistant and Bots Platform Team
We are a newly formed group within Oracle creating innovative products that leverage the power of AI and Machine Learning to bring world-class speech, vision and natural language capabilities to Oracle’s Digital Assistant platform. We are like a start-up inside a large company with a big charter and a lot of creative freedom. We have assembled some of the smartest people in the industry and are growing this team.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity as a data scientist to help solve difficult problems, be creative, create success for customers, and engage with the product team to do some innovative research and development, please review our profile.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced with Machine Learning and AI especially deep learning models.
- Experienced with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experienced with Conversational AI / Chatbots and/or Digital Assistants, including having developed a Chatbot or similar Digital Assistant is a plus.
- Ph.D. degree in computer science on natural language processing, speech processing, computer vision is preferred but not a must. A strong publication record is a plus.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with an ability to explain and write specifications that embody complex concepts to stakeholders within the team.
- Eager to work on a highly sellable, performance optimized infrastructure which elastically handles customer needs.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and can quickly adjust to changing priorities.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality of the product, data, and code.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Keep track of and experiment with state of the art dialog systems both from academia and industry to keep pushing the market competitiveness of ODA.
- Involve in all steps of software life cycle such as planning, coding, testing and maintenance to productize developed models.
- Involve in planning and budgeting product roadmap.
- Write papers/reports and communicate results to stakeholders and customers.
- Require to communicate and coordinate with ODA head office (California) and European team as necessary which may include travel and after-hour participation.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.