What's your new role about?
Want to work with an organisation that welcomes and embraces data products and data-based solutions? We're the world's biggest Sports OTT platform, and we sit on a TON of data.
Our strategy is fully data driven, and we need an experienced Data Scientist to help us to develop and socialize improved data-based actionable recommendations (mostly in the form of data products) to stakeholders.
In this role you’ll focus on the performance and evaluation of DAZN’s live and on-demand content answering questions like: How does good content performance look like? What metrics do we use/additionally build to measure it? How do we value/benchmark the performance given the nature of a content piece and the seasonal aspects of sports? How can help shape/select future content based on this?
You’ll get to work closely with local and international stakeholders working in content related areas, BI, strategy, revenue, finance and business development departments. Being hands-on , you’ll work closely with the Lead Data Scientist assuring that our data-based solutions align with the overall DAZN data program while giving you freedom to choose the best approach/tool set for the challenge at hand and lead your own projects.
You will work in an international team of Data Scientists from a vast area of backgrounds. In this open and engaging environment, you will have the chance to work on different exciting projects and you will spend some of your time focusing on local DACH related topics, advising and engaging with market performance analysts and other functions in the market and assess how those insights can be scaled globally.
This role can be based in Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, Madrid, Milan or Katowice.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Senior Data Scientist, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Engage with stakeholders on an ongoing basis and establish effective feedback/improvements loops for our data-based solutions
- Lead your own projects within the Data Science and Insights Team
- Design, build and help socialize data products to deliver actionable insights and recommendations with focus on content
- Work on different projects within the Data Science and Insights Team
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- High level of proficiency in Python and/or R and SQL and a track record using those effectively in professional projects
- Proven ability in stakeholder management and engagement. Being able to independently derive business questions, setting and managing expectations and designing and implementing solutions that advance the business (mostly in the form of data products)
- Efficiently work with raw data in various formats from different source systems
- Experience in building data products using predictive models / unsupervised models to fuel decision making
- A solid scientific and intuitive understanding about statistics and data, being able to describe & summarise distributions, determine types of correlations, choosing and applying appropriate statistical tests and models (such as numerical, categorial, few/many observations)
- A business-question and solving oriented mindset, while striking the balance between pragmatism and over-engineering
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
Even better if you have:
- Worked with data from content delivery systems
- Experience with streaming data
- Having used Spark/distributed compute in a business setting
- Experience with either AWS, Data Bricks, Domino or other high-level data science platforms
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.