Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing Engineer
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- 4+ programming experience in Python with strong grasp of software engineering standard methodologies such as code-reusability, modularity, use of repos, etc
- 3+ years of applied experience in ML, deep learning and NLP
- Have expert understanding of machine learning and NLP tasks such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, sentiment analysis, and topic modelling
- Fully understand different neural networks (LSTM, seq2seq, etc.), different word embedding models and transfer learning.
- Knowledge of packages such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, Scikit Learn, Pandas, and NLTK.
- Experience in a data-driven software engineering environment, with an end-to-end understanding of how to leverage data to make business decisions.
- A proven track record in building and maintaining high quality, robust and maintainable code.
- Experience building and working within a Continuous Integration framework.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts, ETL strategies and best practices.
- An appetite for problem solving with a creative and resourceful approach to finding the right solution for the job.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What sets you apart:
- You are a self-motivated and outgoing person who can work closely with business and IT stakeholders.
- You understand the relationship between data and business outcomes and can focus on long term strategies for data.
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL, Teradata, Hadoop and AWS is an asset.
- You have experience working as part of an Agile Team.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.