About The Position
Velosio is looking for a Business Data Analyst to be an integral member of the business services Team.
As a Business Data Analyst
at Velosio, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of various Power BI reports, analysis, data models and analytical tools to provide data analytical support to various operations competencies of an organization. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Operations, this role will also be responsible for inputting and cleaning data, determining reporting formats, updating sources, and ensuring data integrity. The role will work cross functionally with department leads to provide support on reporting needs.
Who We Are
At Velosio, we focus on what matters most - our people.
We are a values-driven organization committed to delivering an outstanding employee experience to all our team members.
Velosio’s years of experience with business applications translate to a deep bench of tenured team members with competency across enterprise resource management (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and cloud services.
We have earned recognition from Microsoft as a top 1% performing partner worldwide and an emerging NetSuite leader. We have strategic independent software vendor (ISV) partnerships and a portfolio of solution and service offerings to accelerate what’s next for business.
Our mission is to enable clients to realize business value faster, simplify the process of deploying technology, acquire deeper data-driven insights, and explore ongoing innovation to drive business forward. We support the entire Microsoft Dynamics portfolio, Office 365 family and Azure services. Velosio is the only Microsoft Cloud Distributor that specializes in Dynamics 365 and is a prominent Microsoft Master VAR. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Velosio’s 400 employees serve over 4,000 clients.
Beyond our expertise, as a Velosio team member, you can leverage the Velosio award winning culture - a network of top-notch peers, day-to-day flexibility, career development resources and the largest incentive opportunities in the industry.
Your Day Might Look Like
- Create effective Power BI dashboards, reports, and applications utilizing best practices
- Responsible for carrying out complex analysis of datasets and conduct appropriate data validation
- Modify reports to optimize user experience and dashboard memory consumption for joins and other data set transformations
- Perform validation and testing to confirm accuracy of KPIs and reports
- Administer role-based access to employees for reports, dashboards, and datasets
- Perform statistical analysis on data and provide summaries of source data and potential trends
- Assist in implementing and developing systems to capture business operation information
- Continuously improves knowledge through research and self-study
- Identify and make recommendations to improve processes
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, data analytics or a similar field
- Experience with analytical tools (e.g., BI 360)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with data modelling techniques
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong research capabilities
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
You Might Also Bring
- 1+ year working as a data analyst including Power BI experience with the ability to manage workspaces and access (Row-level security)
- Knowledge of programming language relevant to BI (Ex: DAX and SQL)
Some Reasons You Might Like Working With Us
At Velosio, YOU MATTER.
Due to our proven commitment to delivering an exemplary employee experience, Velosio was awarded Top Company Outlook
by Comparably in 2022 and Best Company Culture, Best Company for Diversity, Best CEO, and Best Company for Women
by Comparably in 2021.
Access the following link to see why 99%
of current Velosio team members say that they look forward to interacting with their team every day, 96%
of team members report Velosio as a positive workplace environment, and 91%
of team members are happy with their work-life balance: https://www.comparably.com/companies/velosio
At Velosio, YOUR WELLNESS MATTERS.
We know one size doesn't fit all, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that allows our team members to create a personalized plan best suited for their unique needs, including
- 5 Medical Insurance options with a company contribution to HSA
- 3 Dental Insurance options including adult orthodontics
- 2 Vision Insurance options
- PTO with added time with each year of service
- Remote working environment
- 401k Match 50% of the first 6%
- StayWell Program - a cash reimbursement up to $600 a year toward Wellness
- Quarterly Incentive Program