At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 17 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.The role
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will join a cross-functional team that designs, implements, and maintains the state of the art machine learning models to automate and optimize marketing operations and customer experience. You will be turning innovative ideas into data-driven products to bring these ideas to reality, improving the experience of millions of customers around the globe.
You will be working on a Team composed of data scientists and machine learning engineers, working closely with data engineers and data analysts from other teams. The main projects the Team is working on are focused on media spend optimization and CRM. About media spend, we are already working on media mix and budget optimisation models. Propensity models and customer segmentation are the data solutions we are developing for CRM.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Bring
- Develop complex projects, all the way from prototype phase to production-ready implementation, involving cross-department collaboration.
- Test existing and novel solutions in the real-world environment for the purpose of designing new features and uncovering business opportunities.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of SMEs, Marketing and Product Analysts, and Data Engineers.
- Mentor junior colleagues within our Data Science team.
- Lead by example by translating business problems into quantitative terms and productionized models to present the results in a clear and effective manner through visualization and prototyping.
What We Offer
- Strong experience in solving the most frequent problems from the marketing domain: propensity models to identify users that are going to make a specific action, define customer segmentation based on specific features, understand the business impact of a marketing action to measure profitability. Nice to have: experience in solving problems from one of the following domains: E-commerce, FinTech, SaaS B2C.
- Extensive experience in productionizing solutions to bring value to the business. Be able to connect diverse data sources, execute a data models and deploy the results in a user oriented format (eg. Salesforce, Google Analytics, Tableau) in order to make our results available for non technical users.
- Broad understanding of the most popular Statistical and Machine Learning models and methods used in the modern marketing department, eg. bayesian optimisation, linear and nonlinear optimisation programming, boosting algorithms, collaborative filtering.
- Great programming skills in Python (with experience in using the most popular Data Science libraries, eg. pandas, scikit-learn, seaborn) and SQL (with the ability to use above-basic concepts, eg. window functions, CTEs, optimizing execution plans) as well as experience with BI/reporting tools (Tableau is a plus). Nice to have: experience in processing data in Apache Spark (preferably in Databricks) and cloud computing (AWS in particular is a plus).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to listen and show empathy.
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh, follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn8893