Facebook is looking for exceptionally talented and experienced Engineering Manager to join the Business Programs and Technology engineering team. Our team provides scaled insights for our advertisers globally, and partners with key stakeholders in Facebook including sales, Marketing Science, Marketing, Ads Products and Infra teams. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Solutions Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience, cross-functional leadership, and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members, effectively supporting a medium-sized engineering team.
- Be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on data engineer with end-to-end systems knowledge and an effective people manager.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive solve business problems via engineering efforts.
- Work together with product management and software engineering teams to design and develop tooling/reporting and analytics systems.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company.
- Understand business needs, context and gaps and creatively come up with possible solutions to problems by leveraging Data infrastructure knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or quantitative disciplines such as math, statistics, computer science, information systems
- 7+ years work experience including at least 2 years of direct people management experience
- Experience with engineering disciplines, systems design, SQL, Python, ETL and Data Modeling
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.