As a Senior Data Engineer, you will need a combination of business focus, analytical and problem solving skills as well as programming experience to be able to analyse large data sets of information with the appropriate tools and techniques in order to deliver insightful and actionable information in an impactful way.
The selected candidate will report to the Data Engineering Manager and will support the design and development of data solutions that enable the delivery of the customer's analytical objectives.
- Work with the Data Engineering Manager and in collaboration with the customer's business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance reporting and analytical capabilities
- Design, develop, test, tune, deploy data pipeline solutions and hand off to support teams to operate
- Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models
- Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation
- Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology
- Work as key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables
- 5+ years hands on experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses
- Experience in design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Strong understanding of BI principles, architectures and enterprise scale BI solutions
- Experience with enterprise scale ETL/ETL solutions such as SSIS, IBM DataStage
- Advanced RDBMS experience particularly MS SQL Server including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise BI platforms such as Qlikview, Tableau, JasperSoft etc.
- Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support.
- Fluent in English
- Location: Portugal, Spain
Experience in following is a plus:
- Experience in building database projects in Visual Studio and using BIML for auto-generating data flows
- Experience in building financial and/or insurance data models
- Working with version control tools experience – especially Git, SVN
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish or French is a plus
- Commitment: You should be committed to the project, vision, team and the business.
- The Power of No: Many times, you will have to say “no” to the business and not develop every single idea that the business can think of.
- Vision: Clearly communicate the vision between the small backlog items and the larger business goal. Ability to understand the bigger picture and go deep in functional/technical details
- Curiosity: You should always be curious to ask the “Why” questions from the business and “how” from the development team
What we offer
We offer a working environment and projects that attract the best people working in Data, Digital and Business Transformation. Working on diverse and challenging projects, you will have the opportunity to develop multi-disciplinary skills to help you build a strong career path.
Keyrus gives you the chance to develop your career alongside leaders in data, digital and management and transformation. Our project and clients at the heart of data and digital transformation changing the world we live in for the better, making data matter.
Who we are - Keyrus, creator of value in the era of Data and Digital
Keyrus is dedicated to helping enterprises take advantage of the Data and Digital paradigm to enhance their performance, facilitating and accelerating their transformation, and generating new drivers of growth, competitiveness, and sustainability.
Keyrus Group is an international player in consulting and technologies and a specialist in Data and Digital. Created in 1996, listed on Euronext's Eurolist, with consolidated revenues of €286.7m in 2019 and with more than 3200 employees in +20 countries, the Keyrus Group offers the performance, solidity and know-how of a large professional services organisation, while preserving the agility of a young company.