Position Title: Senior Data Analyst - 5E
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 80,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of more than $80 billion.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for end to end analysis. On the front end, the Senior Data Analyst is the subject matter expert on where the data lives and how to get it. Then, they are skilled in the manipulation of data with database coding language through company data discovery tools. Finally, they must provide accurate, complete and meaningful reports and analysis used for business management and decision making. The Senior Data Analyst works closely with department and/or functional managers to determine report requirements and prioritization. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible to build reports and quality test them prior to distribution. The Senior Data Analyst also provides support with project management services for both routine smaller items and larger projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and deploys process improvements, reporting, and analysis that is accurate, complete, and properly summarized to aid in management of business and management decision making.
- Responsible for extracting and summarizing data from JDE and other corporate systems utilizing corporate database querying tools such as Oracle SQL and WebFocus.
- Has expert knowledge of business tables, data location, and field usage.
- Has thorough knowledge of other corporate software, programs, and data discovery tools. Some of these tools are JDE, Webfocus Developer, Webfocus InfoAssist, Oracle SQL Developer, and other internal platforms.
- Understands flow of data internally, including relation to the General Ledger.
- Pulls down and analyzes large amounts of data and investigates and researches anomalies. Works with department and/or functional teams to correct issues when identified.
- Works with IT Business Intelligence team to design, test, and deploy standard and custom reports for general usage.
- Provides support to management to produce reports and analyze large amounts of data as part of special projects.
- Effectively manages, budgets time, and prioritizes workload and backlog.
- Provides project management support when required for both small and large scoped projects.
- Produces ad-hoc reporting as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Five (5) years Accounting/Finance/Business/IT/Analysis Experience
- Experience working with Accounting/Finance/Business end users
- Experience providing project management support on small/large projects
- Experience in solving complex problems and dealing with ambiguity
- Relational database experience, Knowledge of a computer language, and advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to summarize large amounts of complex data into management reports
- Knowledge of JDE preferred or other ERP systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and responds well under pressure with deadlines
Reports to: Manager, Business Analytics
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Additional Information: N/A