Are you looking for a place to invest in your future? Then consider a job at TechFlow where we provide opportunities for individuals to explore, learn and develop their career, while being part of an exciting team of professionals.
Here are some experiences you may have at TechFlow:
- Work with best-of-breed technologies
- Have fun while being part of a professional team
- Work in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Work in a supportive learning atmosphere where opportunities for training and advancement are provided.
TechFlow is in need of a Data Scientist as additional support to a data analytics team whose mission is to rapidly provide diverse custom engineering solutions to a globally distributed workforce.
The Data Scientist gathers data from a wide variety of repositories to create visualizations and track performance metrics. Project priorities are managed by the staff manager of the business unit.
- Assist management team in addressing questions on work force characteristics, workforce productivity and output, and diverse business processes using the business analytics, metrics collection, and analysis tools.
- Work directly with customer and other stakeholders to establish working data sets, configurations, and profiles to support metrics analysis.
- Support development of automated data ingest processing and applications.
- Develop scripts to ingest and transform data.
- Maintain data ingest and transformation scripts.
- Develop scripts to establish direct connections to various systems.
- Support dissemination of analytic products, including ad hoc reports and metrics as deemed necessary to answer immediate needs.
- Support brainstorming sessions.
- Support requirement development sessions.
- Assist with prototyping solutions.
- Assist with data acquisition and data sharing requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages such as Python, R, SQL, C/C++, JAVA, and Perl
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining cloud infrastructure, especially Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Demonstrated experience maintaining and administering Microsoft SharePoint sites
- Demonstrated experience interpreting data models and developing database structures
- Demonstrated experience translating customer requirements into system specifications
- Demonstrated experience with data management, data engineering and application development
- Demonstrated experience querying databases and performing statistical analysis
- Demonstrated experience creating examples, prototypes and demonstrations
- Demonstrated experience understanding design and architecture principles
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment to collaboratively analyze feasibility of requirements, propose workable solutions, and work towards a successful project outcome
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems, such as Github
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- General equivalency guidelines for education, certifications and experience are provided below; however, these guidelines do not immediately qualify someone at a particular level. Skill levels for an individual are based upon a combination of education, training, and experience, e.g. someone may have 20 years of professional experience; however, they may only be qualified as Full Performance-based upon the expertise needed to perform the work within that category. General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months of specialized experience. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree). A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s). A Doctorate in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
- Demonstrated experience translating complex, technical findings into a narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience with developing data visualizations
- Demonstrated experience with creative problem-solving skills to address procedural and administrative issues within the assigned problem set
- Demonstrated experience with Data Management Tools including Hadoop tools, MapReduce, Hive, NoSQL, Tableau, Oracle Databases
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and help us build an agile workplace!
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)