Meet our professionalsCGI:
An employer of choicePosition Description:
CGI has an immediate need for a Data Analyst to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
We are seeking a strong Data Analyst with experience in Oracle and SQL. Individual must have keen analytical skills required for analysis of data and must be comfortable talking to senior leadershipYour future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Analyze/interpret data requirements and perform current/target/gap/impact analyses.
- Collecting, querying, and interpreting data to find patterns and trends.
- Prepare documents such as technical requirements, data mapping, gap analysis, use case models and propose workflows, data flows, implementation plans and end user guides in accordance with standards and methodologies.
- Identify data anomalies and communicate back to the data stewards.
- Participate in all testing related activities.
- 8-12 years of experience conducting relevant work
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to learn new tools, technologies, and business concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with increased attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of PC usage and related software packages, including but not limited to all Microsoft Office products, Visio, Toad, ER Studio, JIRA, etc .
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality deliverables, including detailed requirements specifications, flow, process, context and state diagrams, and other documentation and release-related artifacts.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with multiple software platforms and languages
- prefer experience working on system analysis and authoring functional/technical and integration specifications for data warehouse applications
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Data Analysis techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases, data modeling concepts, etc.
- Very proficient working with Oracle databases, including writing simple and complex SQL queries to perform data profiling, refine/validate requirements, understand data dependencies and integration requirements, and analyze/interpret data .
- MF Business knowledge
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fieldSkills:
What you can expect from us:
- Analytical Thinking
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft Visio
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.