At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are looking for talented data scientists excited to work with unique TV viewership and digital advertising data. As part of a minor, tight-knit team that highly values mentorship and career development, you will support business-critical tasks such as building new viewership data sets and putting them into production; improving current data sets using a combination of analytics, programming, and machine learning; and troubleshooting issues with a cross-functional team. The viewership data you produce is critical to building audiences and supporting campaign analytics that drives millions of dollars of ad spend.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a data scientist or similar role.
- An educational background in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, physics, or econometrics, or relevant professional experience.
- Able to write understandable, replicable code to work with data.
You will leverage an extensive data processing toolkit to investigate and resolve pressing product concerns. There are many areas this role will impact, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Working closely with others within a cross-functional team, including collaboration with data engineers to construct data pipelines and full-stack engineers to build data visualization tools.
- Working with product and design teams to prototype, plan, and build reporting and analytics tools- Design new viewership heuristic and modeling methodologies to create impactful new data products.
Investigate the impact of changes in the ad-tech ecosystem- Leveraging a toolset including Python, Spark, SQL, Databricks, Periscope, and other technologies experience in the following areas:
- Turning vague and ambiguous problems into a clearly-defined sequence of steps.
- Using probability, statistics, predictive modeling, machine learning, or other quantitative methodologies to solve real-world problems and derive actionable conclusions.
- Explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences- Working with digital advertising data.
Samba TV is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.