*This position can be filled in New Orleans, LA, The Woodlands, TX, or Little Rock, AR.*JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
The Data Engineer will help support the overall enterprise analytics initiative with a primary focus on improving the data integration of current utility systems of record (data lake and GMDL creation) as well as ensuring the approach adopted is agile enough to ingest additional data streams such as smart grid technologies, distributed energy resources (DERs) and customer information as they become available.
The Data Engineer is a technical resource who understands various data storage solutions, extract, transform and load technologies and is able to build out data pipelines as needed. The Data Engineer will work collaboratively with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Solution Architects and Business units to help solve their analytical needs.
Analysis performed by the position will be shared within Entergy to support the various initiatives underway that have an analytical need which will ultimately impact Entergy’s generation assets, load resources, customer view, and product and services offered to the customer. The Data Engineer will support the TIBCO DV and will be the SME of all the DV views existing in TIBCO DV. The Data Engineer will be the SME of TIBCO DV.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSMinimum education required of the position
- Develop and deploy robust data collection, data governance, storage and manipulation techniques (extract, transform and load) that ultimately enable business units to unlock additional value from company-held data.
- Be a champion for Entergy’s Analytics efforts both inside and outside of the organization, promoting collaboration and communication through business unit driven use cases whilst building the Entergy brand in the analytics space.
- Help to solve data quality/availability issues and work with the data engineers, solution architects and data scientists throughout Entergy various business units.
- Subject matter expert of TIBCO DV
- Responsible for defining and maintaining best practice for TIBCO DV
- Responsible for generating and maintaining standards for TIBCO DV
- Responsible for supporting TIBCO DV within the Cloudera environments
- SME for support team in troubleshooting TIBCO DV and providing leadership to TIBCO DV support team
- Deploy and maintain TIBCO DV to be able to function with tools within Cloudera such as SQOOP, Flume, Kafka, HDFS, Kudu, Hbase, Yarn, Sentry, Hive, Impala, Spark and Solr
- Support TIBCO DV so Entergy’s reporting tools are able to view data
Minimum experience required of the position
- B.S. Degree in a data-centric field (Economics, Computer Science or other science field), Information Systems, Information Processing or engineering or four years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Preferred- M.S. in economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, finance, engineering or other analytical field
- 5+ years of experience in data validation or complex data intensive analysis that utilizes data modeling, manipulation and processing techniques (SQL, Informatica Power Center, Python etc.) to ensure (connected) datasets are of high quality and therefore fit for analysis/reporting purposes.
- Preferred -3+ years’ experience working in the electric and/or gas utility sector
- 5+ years of experience in supporting TIBCO DV
- 5+ years in supporting TIBCO DV in the following: TDV installation and upgrade; Administration; TDV Security; TDV business directory; TDV client interfaces; TDV adapter; TDV discovery; TDV active cluster; TDV monitoring
- 5+ years in supporting TIBCO DV in a Cloudera/Hadoop platform
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
- 5+ years knowledge of Cloudera such as SQOOP, Flume, Kafka, HDFS, Kudu, Hbase, Yarn, Sentry, Hive, Impala, Spark and Solr
- Knowledge and experience in supporting TIBCO DV on multiple platforms such as Hadoop and Oracle
Strong background in developing and utilizing tools that prepare, extract and manipulate data to create connected datasets (data warehousing) that can be utilized for analytics purposes. Strong communicator at the technical levels. Experience discussing complex and new topics in a simple, easy-to-understand way. Demonstrated teamwork skills. Strong, demonstrated writing and presentation skills. Planning experience, especially the design of longer-term strategies. Ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization, including executive management. Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Excellent writing and presentation skills. Working knowledge of architecture concepts and the ability to integrate business needs and technology capabilities.
Texas-The WoodlandsJob Function
: Information TechnologyFLSA Status
: ProfessionalRelocation Option:
Level IIUnion description/code
: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBUNumber of Openings
: 1Req ID:
:Up to 25%