You will be a technical leader in the growing Data Engineering team that handles NBA data for Internal and External Users. The IT department services over 10 internal groups and the Senior Data Engineer will be a seasoned Technology leader comfortable with a variety of data technologies. Data Engineering Group handles a Datawarehouse that sources data out of over 15 sources and services over 10 internal groups. The current data technology stack consists primarily of Data warehouses using SQL Technologies, Neo4J based Graph DBs along with the use of a variety of NoSQL and AI/ML frameworks and languages like R, Python etc.. Current plans have us moving our technologies to the cloud, specifically Microsoft Azure. The ideal candidate will be a technologist who is able to balance the rapid pace of technology change with an authoritative ability to handle client relationships - including working closely with the business and technical teams/vendors. Assists in the ongoing support of applications. We're looking for someone who is laser-focused on operational excellence and customer satisfaction. You'll need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are critical!We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative personality that can champion the cause of Agile within the organization. The individual needs to have a consistent track record of successfully delivering value for their organization in a fast-paced environment along with successful management of customer expectations. A passionate engineer who strives for automation would be ideal for this position. Experience mentoring and leading other staff, both onsite and offshore would be required for this role to be successful.As a, Senior Data Engineer, you will lead NBA's data efforts across all products and lines of business. You will help define our data warehouse transition to the cloud from our current on-premise environment including architecting data pipelines, streamlining new dev/ops processes and providing guidance in quality engineering best practices. You are a pioneer, building new capabilities that will help unlock new possibilities for our businesses. You will coordinate with external and internal resources to be a part of a Data Engineering practice. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious growth objectives. You must be comfortable switching between multiple projects, both leading as a manager and contributing as an individual and working with both business teams and technology teams to translate business requirements into finished product. You possess strategic vision and tactical mastery and combine it with an entrepreneurial spirit to get it done. You will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the company to design innovative solutions and balance challenging priorities and resource demands.We're looking for someone who welcomes challenges and is hyper-focused on delivering exceptional results to internal business customers while creating a rewarding team environment.This position reports into the Head of Data Engineering, IT
- Understands business needs and develop solutions that delight consumers and customers
- Understands Agile artifacts and develops applications based upon business priority.
- Collaborate with project partners to ensure all requirements are met.
- Handles relationships with end-user communities.
- Interacts regularly with users to gather feedback, listen to their issues and concerns, recommend solutions.
- Build scalable, fault-tolerant batch and real-time data pipelines to power internal applications, operational workflows, and business intelligence platforms
- Design and create maintain data-driven APIs to support a wide range of integration with NBA partners
- Define and implement best practices for data management and governance
- Demonstrate your technical abilities and contribute to our overall architecture Help define and implement the Enterprise Data Architecture for NBA and help implement it in multi-functional alignment with the Data teams that exist across functions like Marketing, Finance, HR etc.
- Provide leadership during application design and development for highly complex or critical machine learning projects across numerous lines of business and shared technology.
- Mentor more junior members on the team and ensure their adherence to standards and best practices while guiding them through technical complexities
- Evaluate readiness of new big/fast data capabilities to be used to support critical operational processes
- Build, Maintain and Demonstrate partnership with 3rd parties like Stanford Labs or Google Labs to be at the cutting edge of Data and ML technologies and foster data-driven decision-making at NBA Ensure cross-collaboration with sister teams in other geographies
- Ensure alignment to enterprise architecture and usage of enterprise platforms when delivering projects
- Provide oversight for budgets and project plans, and handle technology risks and issues
- Partner with your peers within the organization and build multi-functional alignment
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Management of Info Systems/Technology preferred
- Advanced Education in Statistics or Mathematics would be a plus 5+ years of experience in developing BigData and/or machine learning solutions
- 5+ year of experience in architecting and developing ETL and ELT pipelines using SQL and MSFT SSIS 5+ years of experience in a highly regulated industry
- 2+ Years of experience defining data architectures
- 2+ Years of experience leading product engineering teams
- Experience with the full AWS stack Experience with SQL, NoSQL, BigData and Graph Technologies along with Programming languages like R, Python, Kafka, Storm etc.
- Experience building microservices
- Background in agile SW development and Scaled Agile Frameworks
- A true believer in measuring success based on working software and in quick prototyping
- Someone who is a passionate coder and can spin up a snippet of code quickly
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build and execute innovative digital product, combined with tactical ability to execute simultaneously against multiple contending priorities
- Someone with an iterative approach, drive to move fast and think big
- Experience managing internal and external teams at the same time, working with multiple brands and digital properties of varying maturities
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively with non-technical team members, resolving contending or contradictory objectives, and unifying disparate ideas into a homogenized solution
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations
- Possess the ability to influence others, implement change, and standardize processes in a complex business environment
- A passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interview technical candidates
- Exposure to Azure and other cloud technologies is a plus
- Passion for Automation and Hunger for Acceleration; Keen knowledge of Devops as well as RPA is a big plus
- Experience with Architecting Applications (e.g. Design Patterns, distributed applications etc.) with the aim of reuse
- Superb communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Great teammate - should be ready to go beyond to help immediate team and do not be averse to not shy away from asking for help if needed.
- Ability to translate ideas into solutions based on user and business needs
- Open Eagerness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the table
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Masters would be a plus.