Maximize your impact
About the Challenge
The Data Engineer is responsible for integrating raw, uncleaned and incomplete data from multiple sources into a single Data Warehouse. As a Data Engineer, you pre-process data in various ways, making the resulting data sets convenient for the business. Since these data sets often contain gigabytes or even terabytes of records, you focus on automation rather than manual work to keep up with data requests.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Collecting, cleaning, integrating and analysing large data sets in a reliable and automated way
- Implementing data requests from the business
- Managing, extending and improving the existing Data Warehouse
- Staying informed of the latest technologies and practices
Turning raw data into business insights is a major responsibility. You need excellent problem-solving skills, research skills, and an analytical mindset. You also need to be a good communicator to communicate with all stakeholders.
Besides That, You Can Also Demonstrate
- Decent knowledge of at least one cloud solution provider (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with several programming languages (SQL, Python, Scala)
- Understanding of HPC and distributed systems
- Experience with data warehousing solutions and ETL
- Knowledge of software engineering practises
- Knowledge of Apache Spark
- Proficient with version control (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Agile tools
- Fluency in English
Here’s What You Can Expect From Us
Exellys isn’t your typical recruiting or consulting agency, we’re a different breed. We are a tech talent incubator, which is every bit as cool as it sounds.
- You’ll join an awesome community and enter one of our Smart Programs, based on where you are in your career and where you want to go. Did we mention you’ll get a personal coach as well?
- Next to a generous monthly salary, you'll receive a flexible mobility budget and tons of other benefits (pension, daily compensations, etc.)
- You’ll spend most of the time at (y)our client’s, except for regular Exellys trainings, fun events, tribe meet-ups, after works, knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
- After two years of coaching and upskilling from Exellys, you’ll get the opportunity to join (y)our client’s organization as an internal employee. Or if you prefer to stay with us, you could explore our follow-up Smart Programs as well.