1. Provides quality management of documents in electronic format.
2. Monitors specific data queues and data mining to assure records have been completely processed for coding, billing and patient care.
3. Collaborates with the Patient Access and Patient Financial Services Departments to analyze and provide solutions for duplicates or other inaccuracies in the electronic patient database.
4. Provides coordination and supports integration of systems and applications amongst HIM, PFS, Clinicians, Information Technology, Patient Access, Vendors and other stakeholders.
5. Trains and supports clinical staff in the use of the EMR system.
6. Develops and conducts data integrity training for HIM staff.
7. Develops reports to measure system performance and status.
8. Maintains and provides user support with electronic forms management.
9. Maintains EMR systems and applications user physician database throughout the UMCAP system.
10. Troubleshoots system utility and interface errors to include printing, report processing, clinical transcription interfaces and other issue for internal and external clients.
11. Monitors the operation of fax servers throughout the UMCAP system facilities.
12. Monitors the Quality Analysis and Validation functions within the EMR system.
13. Performs related work as assigned.
1. Understanding of chart analysis and records completion in an EMR system its workflow and
2. Detailed oriented and analytical and critical thinker to assess and problem solve electronic work issues
3. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of hospital personnel, including physicians, clinicians and other stakeholders.
4. The ability to work independently and troubleshoot IT issues.
5. Ability to stay abreast of the developing EMR technology and the changing demands of federal regulations and organizational requirements, UMCAP policies and procedures, Joint Commision, state and local mandates.