The MS SQL Data Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, and performance of critical Azure Databases (IaaS / PaaS / SaaS) ensuring the availability, consistent performance of cloud native applications. The MS SQL Data Engineer will also play a key role in the Agile delivery of the SQL Data Ingestion process for an Enterprise Data Lake feeding various enterprise Data Hubs. This position requires sound knowledge of SQL Server & architecture, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, designing, implementing, query-tuning, and monitoring performance of new & existing cloud databases.
- Working experience in migration of on-premises server/database to Azure (PaaS/IaaS).
- Minimum 4 Years’ experience in maintaining critical production environments on-premises and/or cloud-hosted hosted SQL Servers/databases.
- Be able to efficiently import/export data from other DBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Maria DB.
- Experience in DB backup & restore, point-in-time restores and Automation tasks.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server architecture and Database concepts.
- Strong command on T-SQL and understanding of SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and good understanding of issues such as blocking, deadlocks, waits, resource utilization.
- Good knowledge of Views, Stored procedures, Synonyms, Indexes and SQL Agent.
- Knowledge of database security & patching and performance monitoring standards.
- Knowledge of data reliability, high performance, high availability, disaster recovery and scalability concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently and within a team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and strong attention to detail.
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Warehouse / Azure Data factory pipelines / Azure Data Lake storage.
- Experience in database and server upgrade activities.
- Experience in design and developing data systems.
- Experience in Data warehousing ETL Bigdata projects.
- Experience on Synapse Azure Synapse Dedicated Pools.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining datasets and data structures.
- Bachelor’s Tech in Computer Science or IT / BCA / MCA
- 3rd Shift (US Hours) required
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.