Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide, and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe? And the more we connect, the better life on Earth becomes. Do you want to make a difference? If you have answered Yes! to the above, join our Insanely Customer-Centric team now! For more information on DHL Express, please visit workingatdhl.com.
DHL Express Global Head Office has an opening for Data Scientist (Applied Analytics) in the Company. This position is for an experienced data scientist who is looking for a dynamic environment where your contribution to projects will have visible impact on business. Your role is to implement predictive solutions into core business process.
The ideal candidate for this position will have Business Intelligence and Analytics background in consulting or in-house, solid portfolio of projects, and experience of working with end users
- Analyse raw data: sourcing data from existing multiple DWH, assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream modelling
- Identify new potential data sources: value of new data, integrating into analysis, assessing data readiness for automation and optimization
- Design, build and maintain efficient predictive solutions, full cycle: business case, data preparation, modelling, deployment to production
- Design rigorous experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Collaborate with engineering team to scale analytical prototypes to production
- Monitor performance of the deployed models and fine tune when needed
- Collaborate with business teams to define new requirements or changes related to advanced analytics solutions
- Educate business users to understand the relevance of specific data and analytical approach; communicate on best practice
- Maintain code version control and document results of experiments
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence\data mining
- 2+years of hands on experience in statistical\ML data modeling
- 2+ years in international environment
- Proven experience with different forecast approaches (statistical, ML, economics) and knowledge of major forecast drivers
- Knowledge where to apply and how to evaluate results of data mining, statistical and ML techniques: preprocessing techniques, regression, classification, and time series models as core of experience; graphs and geospatial as a plus.
- Ability to write complex and efficient SQL queries to extract data
- Ability to write efficient code in Python
- Exposure in production cloud deployments
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional cross-geographical teams to analyze and understand business needs
- Good knowledge of at least one of the functional areas: customer relationships and sales, supply chain, freight forwarding/express/e-com/logistics operations
- Good oral and written English: ready to present to business audience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or Analytics
- Professional certification is a plus.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Apply now - we look forward to receiving your application!
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
#DHL #Express #Logistics #Opportunities #GreatPlacetoWork #Singapore