Hey there, we’re PEXA!
We know you’ll Google us before applying, so let’s keep this brief. PEXA pioneered an electronic lodgement solution that simplifies property transactions – we’re a national online property settlements platform. Since starting life in 2010, we now employ a team of 350 people working across 5 states. Ttoday, we help 20,000 families settle their property safely each week.
Our passion and customer focus has resulted in awards or recognition of our products, services, culture, commitment to innovation and member experience in recent years. We’re still expanding at a rapid rate and we’re constantly striving to deliver superior property experiences to all Australians.
Why become a PEXArian?
Great question! Being a PEXArian is so much more than just a job. We’re a passionate, motivated and unashamedly enthusiastic bunch at PEXA – we love what we do and we’re proud to admit it! Creating brilliant experiences for our members and their clients wouldn’t be possible without ensuring we deliver an exceptional employee experience.
Here’s a snapshot of what your life at PEXA could look like:
We encourage you to hit your personal and professional learning and development goals with our tailored programs and tools.
We care about your holistic wellbeing – take advantage of our ergonomic environment, a fully stocked kitchen, four wellness days, a $250 wellness subsidy as well as lunch and learn sessions to support your financial wellbeing.
Your work/life blend:
We know that work is just one aspect of your life – we want to help you create your ideal work/life blend, rather than squeezing in life around work.
With a range of benefits aimed at supporting your family including access to a subsidised school holiday program, extended parental leave and flexi-time to support your return to work, superannuation payments for unpaid parental leave for primary carers and a childcare allowance for pre-primary aged children, when we say, ‘welcome to the family’, we really mean it!
A day in the life:
You are a data engineer with proven hands-on experience designing and building data infrastructure and tooling that empower data producers and consumers. You are a problem solver by nature, collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative and fast changing environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a software engineering background who is experienced in cloud infrastructure and wants to build their career within data.
A Day in the life:
- Design, build, test and maintain data infrastructure, including cloud infrastructure, existing software, and custom code, with a focus on quality and security
- Create and maintain new tools, features or patterns to enable product teams and data consumers to be more self-sufficient and effective
- Enhance and streamline existing data sourcing patterns
- Contribute to direction of platform, including improved real-time capabilities
- Maintain a holistic view of data processes and simplify when possible
- Continue to automate end-to-end deployment and running of pipelines and platform components
- Identify gaps and opportunities to improve platform coverage and performance
- Align architecture with business requirements and technical best practice
- Support product teams in the technical aspects of producing consumable data
- Assist in training and preparing the supporting documentation for business analysts and product owners in using the tools and platform as new features are added
- Work collaboratively with engineers, data teams, scientists
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to understand and interpret business priorities and timely reporting of progress status, including any identified risks or issues
- Troubleshoot development and production issues across multiple environments and applications
On day one you will have:
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and can-do approach to work
- Positive attitude; personable, with strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to both business and technology stakeholders
- Can work towards, and see where their work fits into, a long-term vision
- Sound understanding of Agile practices
- Excellent time management skills
- A desire to automate and improve software delivery processes
Passionate about, and keeps up with, the latest in software engineering
- Event streaming/sourcing with Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Strong understanding of data structures and formats
- Strong AWS background (including CloudFormation, S3, ECS, Lambda, SQS, IAM, KMS, DynamoDB, Glue, Athena)
- Strong understanding of data security best practices
- Query construction and optimisation (e.g. SQL, Elasticsearch, Splunk, DynamoDB)
- Git, version control practices, and continuous integration/delivery servers
- PyUnit and unit testing frameworks
- Production release cycles and maintenance
- Collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
Must be able to demonstrate good understanding of most of the following technologies/concepts. Should have hands on experience with at least three or more:
- Additional backend languages (e.g. Java, Go, NodeJS)
- REST APIs
- Microservice architecture
- Relational databases and data warehousing
- Real-time data processing and transformation
- Serverless application design (e.g. AWS Lambda with triggers)
- Data modelling and schema design
- Docker containers (building, testing, deploying on Amazon ECS or Kubernetes)
- Automation principles and tooling
- Build engineering for data pipelines, projects and products
- Agile methodology/delivery
- Modern frontend technology (e.g. ReactJS, TypeScript)
- Machine learning frameworks and tools (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- OAuth 2, SAML 2, JWT
- Data visualisation and exploration tools (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, Tableau)
- AWS SageMaker
Sounds like you? Apply today to have your application reviewed!